After reading many tips on Ecuador/Galapagos trips, my wife and I did the following itinerary:
1) 1 day in Saquisili Market
- Thursday’s only; get there early so you don’t miss the animal market
- photos at: http://www.josevigano.com/saquisili
2) 11 day cruise with Galapagos Travel (http://www.galapagostravel.com/)
I highly recommend them. Excellent service. Friendy and responsive agents here in US. Many positives!!! Other than the amazing wildlife and scenery we enjoyed a lot:
- Quito support (Tania, the hotel)
- the excellent condition boat and its staff
- Elly's energy and Ethiene's knowledge (the boat guide/naturalist)
- J de Roy house was awesome
Let me know if you have any questions,
Trip report: Ecuador/Galapagos; from Jose Vigano; June/2009
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Easter Island flight delays?
- 4 argentina & brazil
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 7 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 8 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 11 Brazilian music
- 12 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 13 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 14 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 15 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 16 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 17 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 18 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 19 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 20 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 21 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 22 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 23 Private sightseeing
- 24 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 25 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York