After reading many tips on Ecuador/Galapagos trips, my wife and I did the following itinerary:
1) 1 day in Saquisili Market
- Thursday’s only; get there early so you don’t miss the animal market
- photos at: http://www.josevigano.com/saquisili
2) 11 day cruise with Galapagos Travel (http://www.galapagostravel.com/)
I highly recommend them. Excellent service. Friendy and responsive agents here in US. Many positives!!! Other than the amazing wildlife and scenery we enjoyed a lot:
- Quito support (Tania, the hotel)
- the excellent condition boat and its staff
- Elly's energy and Ethiene's knowledge (the boat guide/naturalist)
- J de Roy house was awesome
Let me know if you have any questions,
Trip report: Ecuador/Galapagos; from Jose Vigano; June/2009
- 1 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 2 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 3 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 4 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 5 8 Days in Brazil
- 6 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 7 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 8 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 9 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 10 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 11 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 12 Peru Hop?
- 13 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 14 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 15 Uruguay Re-Do
- 16 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 17 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 18 More suggested reading
- 19 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 20 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 21 Bariloche over XMas
- 22 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 23 Traveling with a Computer?
- 24 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 25 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!