After reading many tips on Ecuador/Galapagos trips, my wife and I did the following itinerary:
1) 1 day in Saquisili Market
- Thursday’s only; get there early so you don’t miss the animal market
- photos at: http://www.josevigano.com/saquisili
2) 11 day cruise with Galapagos Travel (http://www.galapagostravel.com/)
I highly recommend them. Excellent service. Friendy and responsive agents here in US. Many positives!!! Other than the amazing wildlife and scenery we enjoyed a lot:
- Quito support (Tania, the hotel)
- the excellent condition boat and its staff
- Elly's energy and Ethiene's knowledge (the boat guide/naturalist)
- J de Roy house was awesome
Let me know if you have any questions,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 2 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 3 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 4 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 5 Visiting Medellin
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 9 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 10 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 11 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 12 Chile in February and March
- 13 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 14 Rio and Iguacu
- 15 3 weeks to travel
- 16 Galapagos Island
- 17 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 18 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 21 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 23 Peru Best Tours
- 24 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 25 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
Trip report: Ecuador/Galapagos; from Jose Vigano; June/2009