After reading many tips on Ecuador/Galapagos trips, my wife and I did the following itinerary:
1) 1 day in Saquisili Market
- Thursday’s only; get there early so you don’t miss the animal market
- photos at: http://www.josevigano.com/saquisili
2) 11 day cruise with Galapagos Travel (http://www.galapagostravel.com/)
I highly recommend them. Excellent service. Friendy and responsive agents here in US. Many positives!!! Other than the amazing wildlife and scenery we enjoyed a lot:
- Quito support (Tania, the hotel)
- the excellent condition boat and its staff
- Elly's energy and Ethiene's knowledge (the boat guide/naturalist)
- J de Roy house was awesome
Let me know if you have any questions,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 christmas in buenos aires
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 5 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 6 Best Latin American countries!
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
Trip report: Ecuador/Galapagos; from Jose Vigano; June/2009