My husband and I are trying to plan a February 2013 trip to Patagonia, and have been trying for a week now to contact Cascada Expeditions (https://www.cascada.travel/) to learn more about their 7-Day W Trek. But no one answers the phone or returns emails.
Do any of you have another suggestion for a guided trek in Torres del Paine that is "demanding," but not exceptionally technical/strenuous? We're up for the 5-15 mile hiking days, but prefer not to have a full-on backpacking experience. Which is why we liked Cascada for the Ecodome lodging options. And the nights with wine and someone cooking for you. So not luxury, but not total wilderness either.
We'd love to keep it under $2500/person for the week trek. Any ideas?
And we've been thinking early February, but if any of you have advice on a better time to go, we'd love to hear it.
Trek through Torres del Paine in Patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 2 A few specific questions about activities in Argentina with kids
- 3 Lima to Foz
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 Car rental in Patagonia
- 7 Itinerary Feedback
- 8 Chile Private Tour
- 9 Language study in Brazil
- 10 Columbia Questions
- 11 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 12 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 13 Argentina Holiday Help
- 14 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 15 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 16 Chile - IVA Tax
- 17 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 18 Trip Report
- 19 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 20 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 21 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 22 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 23 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 24 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 25 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)