My husband and I are trying to plan a February 2013 trip to Patagonia, and have been trying for a week now to contact Cascada Expeditions (https://www.cascada.travel/) to learn more about their 7-Day W Trek. But no one answers the phone or returns emails.
Do any of you have another suggestion for a guided trek in Torres del Paine that is "demanding," but not exceptionally technical/strenuous? We're up for the 5-15 mile hiking days, but prefer not to have a full-on backpacking experience. Which is why we liked Cascada for the Ecodome lodging options. And the nights with wine and someone cooking for you. So not luxury, but not total wilderness either.
We'd love to keep it under $2500/person for the week trek. Any ideas?
And we've been thinking early February, but if any of you have advice on a better time to go, we'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile or Argentina?
- 2 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 3 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 4 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 5 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 6 Peru in December
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Tarapoto
- 9 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 10 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 11 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 12 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 13 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 14 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 15 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 16 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 17 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 18 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 19 Campinas and Natal help
- 20 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 21 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 22 Uruguay for wildlife
- 23 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 24 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 25 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience