My husband and I are trying to plan a February 2013 trip to Patagonia, and have been trying for a week now to contact Cascada Expeditions (https://www.cascada.travel/) to learn more about their 7-Day W Trek. But no one answers the phone or returns emails.
Do any of you have another suggestion for a guided trek in Torres del Paine that is "demanding," but not exceptionally technical/strenuous? We're up for the 5-15 mile hiking days, but prefer not to have a full-on backpacking experience. Which is why we liked Cascada for the Ecodome lodging options. And the nights with wine and someone cooking for you. So not luxury, but not total wilderness either.
We'd love to keep it under $2500/person for the week trek. Any ideas?
And we've been thinking early February, but if any of you have advice on a better time to go, we'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 2 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 5 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 6 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 7 Bariloche car rental
- 8 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 9 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 Machu Picchu in January
- 11 Dining in Medellin
- 12 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 13 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 14 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 17 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 18 santiago chile area
- 19 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 20 Reflections on our South America trip
- 21 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 22 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 23 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 24 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 25 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather