My husband and I are trying to plan a February 2013 trip to Patagonia, and have been trying for a week now to contact Cascada Expeditions (https://www.cascada.travel/) to learn more about their 7-Day W Trek. But no one answers the phone or returns emails.
Do any of you have another suggestion for a guided trek in Torres del Paine that is "demanding," but not exceptionally technical/strenuous? We're up for the 5-15 mile hiking days, but prefer not to have a full-on backpacking experience. Which is why we liked Cascada for the Ecodome lodging options. And the nights with wine and someone cooking for you. So not luxury, but not total wilderness either.
We'd love to keep it under $2500/person for the week trek. Any ideas?
And we've been thinking early February, but if any of you have advice on a better time to go, we'd love to hear it.
Trek through Torres del Paine in Patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru versus Bolivia
- 2 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 5 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 8 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 9 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 10 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 11 WWYD-time in Lima
- 12 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 13 Argentina Holiday Help
- 14 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 15 argentina & brazil
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 18 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 19 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 20 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 23 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 24 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 25 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?