We are travelling to Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Peru and Colombia in December-January.
What is everyone's opinions on using Travelex Money Cards (MasterCard with different currencies on them) in ATM's in these countries?
We don't really want to be carrying around too much cash with us everywhere, so this card would be very handy but only if we know if it's gunna work for us!
Anyone had any experiences with them? Good or bad?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 2 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 3 Chile or Argentina?
- 4 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 5 Peru in December
- 6 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 7 Tarapoto
- 8 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 9 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 10 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 11 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 12 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 13 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 14 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 15 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 16 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 17 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 18 Campinas and Natal help
- 19 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 20 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 21 Uruguay for wildlife
- 22 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 23 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 24 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 25 Ecuador safe travel