Like most tourists visiting Bolivia, I want to do the 'Choro' trek to Los Yungas. From what I have read, I believe it is a 3 or 4 day trek. The question is: I have seen tour companies charge between $700-$800us for providing a guide and other services for these treks. Seems a lot to me but then again I am seeking your advice. Would you pay this money or is it recomendable to go it alone? I know people in Bolivia but they have never done this trek. Can I find locals who would take me for less $? Anyway, if you can steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also, has anybody whitewater rafted in Bolivia and if so, what is the optimum time of year for this? Gracias...marcelo
tours worth the $?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brazilian music
- 2 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 3 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 4 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 5 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 6 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 7 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 8 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 9 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 10 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 13 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 14 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 15 Private sightseeing
- 16 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 17 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 18 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 19 argentina & brazil
- 20 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 21 private sightseeing
- 22 private tour options
- 23 Currency Woes
- 24 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS