Like most tourists visiting Bolivia, I want to do the 'Choro' trek to Los Yungas. From what I have read, I believe it is a 3 or 4 day trek. The question is: I have seen tour companies charge between $700-$800us for providing a guide and other services for these treks. Seems a lot to me but then again I am seeking your advice. Would you pay this money or is it recomendable to go it alone? I know people in Bolivia but they have never done this trek. Can I find locals who would take me for less $? Anyway, if you can steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also, has anybody whitewater rafted in Bolivia and if so, what is the optimum time of year for this? Gracias...marcelo
tours worth the $?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Birding in Mindo
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 6 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 7 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 8 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 25 Which airline to fly to Cusco?