Like most tourists visiting Bolivia, I want to do the 'Choro' trek to Los Yungas. From what I have read, I believe it is a 3 or 4 day trek. The question is: I have seen tour companies charge between $700-$800us for providing a guide and other services for these treks. Seems a lot to me but then again I am seeking your advice. Would you pay this money or is it recomendable to go it alone? I know people in Bolivia but they have never done this trek. Can I find locals who would take me for less $? Anyway, if you can steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also, has anybody whitewater rafted in Bolivia and if so, what is the optimum time of year for this? Gracias...marcelo
tours worth the $?
View all South America activity »
- 1 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 2 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 3 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 4 8 Days in Brazil
- 5 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 6 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 7 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 8 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 9 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 10 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 11 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 12 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 15 Peru Hop?
- 16 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 17 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 18 Uruguay Re-Do
- 19 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 More suggested reading
- 22 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 23 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 24 Bariloche over XMas
- 25 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014