Like most tourists visiting Bolivia, I want to do the 'Choro' trek to Los Yungas. From what I have read, I believe it is a 3 or 4 day trek. The question is: I have seen tour companies charge between $700-$800us for providing a guide and other services for these treks. Seems a lot to me but then again I am seeking your advice. Would you pay this money or is it recomendable to go it alone? I know people in Bolivia but they have never done this trek. Can I find locals who would take me for less $? Anyway, if you can steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also, has anybody whitewater rafted in Bolivia and if so, what is the optimum time of year for this? Gracias...marcelo
tours worth the $?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 6 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 7 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 10 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 11 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 12 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 13 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 14 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 15 Quito recommendations
- 16 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 17 Ecuador-tour guides
- 18 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 19 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 20 lima airport transport
- 21 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 22 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 23 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 24 Argentina currency
- 25 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!