Like most tourists visiting Bolivia, I want to do the 'Choro' trek to Los Yungas. From what I have read, I believe it is a 3 or 4 day trek. The question is: I have seen tour companies charge between $700-$800us for providing a guide and other services for these treks. Seems a lot to me but then again I am seeking your advice. Would you pay this money or is it recomendable to go it alone? I know people in Bolivia but they have never done this trek. Can I find locals who would take me for less $? Anyway, if you can steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also, has anybody whitewater rafted in Bolivia and if so, what is the optimum time of year for this? Gracias...marcelo
tours worth the $?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 6 Fire in Valparaiso
- 7 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 8 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 9 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 10 Ecuador - should we go?
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 14 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu