Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 JW Marriott Lima
- 2 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 5 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 6 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 9 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 10 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 11 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 12 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 13 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 14 Quito recommendations
- 15 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 16 Ecuador-tour guides
- 17 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 18 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 19 lima airport transport
- 20 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 21 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 22 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 23 Argentina currency
- 24 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 25 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee