Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Amazon from the Andes?
- 2 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 3 Bogotá Restaurants
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 6 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 7 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 8 Salta vs. Santiago
- 9 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 12 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 13 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 14 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 15 Back to South America
- 16 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 17 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 18 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 19 Fire in Valparaiso
- 20 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 21 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 22 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 23 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 24 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 25 Driving in Ecuador