Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quito trip
- 2 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 3 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 4 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 5 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 6 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 7 1 day in Rio
- 8 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 9 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 Bariloche car rental
- 12 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 13 Galapagos Islands
- 14 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 15 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 16 Day trip to Paracas
- 17 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 18 Peru trip
- 19 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 20 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 21 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 24 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 25 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies