Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 2 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 3 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 4 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 5 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 6 2 weeks in Argentina
- 7 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 8 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 9 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 10 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 11 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 14 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 15 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 16 JW Marriott Lima
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 19 Quito recommendations
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 22 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 23 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 24 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 25 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service