Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 6 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 7 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 8 4 weeks in Chile
- 9 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 10 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 11 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 12 Para Ti, Brazil
- 13 Advice needed for Colombia
- 14 Chile and Argentina
- 15 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 16 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 19 El valle de Elquí
- 20 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 21 Columbia Questions
- 22 Bogota
- 23 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 24 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 25 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?