Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 2 Language study in Brazil
- 3 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 4 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 5 Chile - IVA Tax
- 6 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 7 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Trip Report
- 10 Argentina Holiday Help
- 11 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 12 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 13 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 14 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 15 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 16 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 17 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 18 1st South American adventure
- 19 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 20 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 21 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 22 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 23 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 24 For Neoptropical Birders
- 25 Columbia Questions