Hi, I am single and have travelled many countries in several continents, but none in South America. My retirement is approaching so the time will not be an issue anymore. Since I have time and so many countries I would like to visit, I an thinking about flying into, say, Quito, for example, and tour the South America large cities an small over two months on buses between the cities and the countries. The countries I would like to visit include Ecador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Am I crazy? Or is it doable in terms of availability of inter-country bus lines and safety of this type of travel on buses? I am thinking of carrying a 50 Liter backpack and utilize airbnb type accommodation whenever possible. I have been learning Spanish over year and a half using Pimseuler method. Going to Spain for 6 weeks this April, and that should help. Any advices, thoughts, or comments?
Touring multi-countries on Bus - Am I Crazy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 5 Patagonia Chile
- 6 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 7 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 8 Easter Island flight delays?
- 9 argentina & brazil
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 12 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 13 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 14 Brazilian music
- 15 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 16 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 17 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 18 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 19 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 20 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 21 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 22 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 23 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 24 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 25 Private sightseeing