I am in the very early stages of thinking about a trip to South America for next winter (July or early August 2014). From what I've researched and read so far, it's unclear to me whether or not hotels in or near the park are open in the winter months. Also are visits to the park possible, for day hikes, trips to the glaciers, etc. Thank you!
Torres del Paine in Winter
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 2 Ecuador - should we go?
- 3 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 4 Santiago 2 days
- 5 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 6 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 7 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 8 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 9 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 10 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 11 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 12 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 13 Lodge in Pantanal
- 14 Pantanal on your own
- 15 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 17 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 20 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil
- 22 10 Full Days in Peru
- 23 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 24 10 day itinerary questions
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?