I am in the very early stages of thinking about a trip to South America for next winter (July or early August 2014). From what I've researched and read so far, it's unclear to me whether or not hotels in or near the park are open in the winter months. Also are visits to the park possible, for day hikes, trips to the glaciers, etc. Thank you!
Torres del Paine in Winter
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 4 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South