I am in the very early stages of thinking about a trip to South America for next winter (July or early August 2014). From what I've researched and read so far, it's unclear to me whether or not hotels in or near the park are open in the winter months. Also are visits to the park possible, for day hikes, trips to the glaciers, etc. Thank you!
Torres del Paine in Winter
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 3 1st South American adventure
- 4 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 5 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 6 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 7 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 8 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 9 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 10 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 11 For Neoptropical Birders
- 12 Columbia Questions
- 13 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 14 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 17 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 18 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 19 flights and hotels
- 20 Driver, Mendoza
- 21 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 22 amazon jungle trips
- 23 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 24 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 25 Advice, recommendations and guidance