I just started a thread about Easter Island. My other option is to spend three nights in or near Santiago and sightsee a little more locally. I would have all day Friday-Sat-Sun, and Monday night I'd fly home to the east coast of the US.
With three nights/three days, what would you do? Is there anything within say a three hour flight (that would get me back to the airport Monday afternoon!) that I should consider doing instead of Easter Island?
Three nights in or near-ish to Santiago
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary in Peru, Sacred Valley/Cusco/Titicaca/MP
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Sugar Loaf Trip
- 4 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 5 March 2015 – Adventure Trip Planning – 2 Weeks in Chile/Argentina
- 6 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Cartagena - help!
- 9 Trip Report: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru with Tweens
- 10 A few days in Uruguay from Buenos Aires
- 11 Ecuador-tour guides
- 12 Colombia + Peru in 1 month: itinerary doable?
- 13 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 14 Birding in Mindo
- 15 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 16 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 17 9 days in Rio, Buenos Aires,and Mendoza
- 18 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 19 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 20 2 weeks in Argentina
- 21 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 24 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 25 3 Weeks Itinerary