I just started a thread about Easter Island. My other option is to spend three nights in or near Santiago and sightsee a little more locally. I would have all day Friday-Sat-Sun, and Monday night I'd fly home to the east coast of the US.
With three nights/three days, what would you do? Is there anything within say a three hour flight (that would get me back to the airport Monday afternoon!) that I should consider doing instead of Easter Island?
Three nights in or near-ish to Santiago
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 On the Road: A Snail Mail Diary (travel mail art project)
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Patagonia: Northern Lake District or El Chalten?
- 4 1st Time Trip to Peru - Please Comment on Our Itenerary
- 5 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 6 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 7 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 8 aerolineas airlines impossible to work with
- 9 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 10 Surfing in Lima
- 11 Amaszonas is adding new Destinations
- 12 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 13 Argentina vs Chile
- 14 Peru- how much pre-reserving/pre-planning?
- 15 Travel agents/agency for South America travel
- 16 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 17 Machu pichu, anybody know where to find route
- 18 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 19 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 20 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 21 Christmas in Cusco
- 22 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 23 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 24 transportation in Brazil
- 25 Patagonia Chile