My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Tour guide/ agency
- 2 The common measurement
- 3 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 4 Making the most of Montevideo
- 5 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 6 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 7 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 8 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 9 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 10 Santiago - where to stay?
- 11 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 12 Peru transport questioins
- 13 Places to eat like a local
- 14 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 15 Chile Trekking options
- 16 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 17 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 18 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 19 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 20 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 21 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 22 Insect repellent recommendations
- 23 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 24 Galapagos
- 25 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster