My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pereu Floodingf
- 2 South American city for 2 female travelers to visit mid June?
- 3 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 4 Machu Picchu train - luggage limits?
- 5 Cruz del Sur bus - Lima to Paracas
- 6 One week in Cartagena?
- 7 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 8 Lunahuana
- 9 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 10 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 11 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 12 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 13 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 14 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 15 Choquequirao Questions
- 16 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 17 MARCHU PICCHU
- 18 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 19 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 20 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 21 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 22 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 23 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 24 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 25 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip