My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
The upcoming trip to Bolivia and Peru is getting closer
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Our Founder at Susie Abney Foundation
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 4 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 JW Marriott Lima
- 7 Trip Report - Very Long
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Quito recommendations
- 11 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 12 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 13 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 14 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 15 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 16 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 17 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 20 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 21 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 22 Ecuador-tour guides
- 23 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 24 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 25 lima airport transport