My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 2 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 3 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 4 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo