My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Peruvian Amazon
- 3 Need help with hotel in Lima asap
- 4 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area
- 5 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 6 Cheap flights from Southern/Cetral Europe to Brazil
- 7 Safety in Rio?
- 8 Galapagos - Anyone book through Safari Tours??
- 9 Peru, help cutting costs
- 10 Peru Itinerary Help
- 11 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 12 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 13 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 14 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 15 Beach from Cartagena
- 16 Solo female travelling around South America
- 17 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 18 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 19 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 20 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 21 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 22 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 23 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 24 Columbia Local Beer
- 25 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile