My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 2 Packing for Chile in November
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST