My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 10 days - Rio/Iguazu and...?
- 2 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 3 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 4 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 5 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 6 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 7 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 8 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 9 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 10 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 11 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 12 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 13 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 14 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 15 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 16 Galapagos Add Ons
- 17 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 18 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 19 Trip Report Ecuador
- 20 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 21 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 22 Day trips from Montevideo
- 23 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 24 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 25 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice