My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 2 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 3 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 4 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 5 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 6 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 7 Expat meet up.
- 8 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 11 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 12 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 13 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 14 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 15 Sixty days in Colombia
- 16 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 19 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 21 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 22 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 23 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 24 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 25 summer olympics in Rio