I'm always so appreciated of travel forums and always seem to get the best advice here. I have a Quito trip quickly approaching which was booked at the very last minute and need your help.
Below is my tentative itinerary which needs to be fleshed out. Please help with organizing the order of the places we are visiting and have it start from easy to hardest (acclimatizing wise).
Day #1: Tuesday, 2/17
-Arrival in UIO Airport @ 8pm
Day #2: Wednesday, 2/18
-Taking it easy and getting acquainted with old/new town
-Climb the clocktowers of Basilica Voto del Nacional
-Any other suggestions on easy stuff to do?
Day #3: Thursday, 2/19
-Cotopaxi Volcano National Park
-Any trail recommendations? Any cool waterfalls, caves, interesting natural wonders to explore here?
Day #4 & #5: Thursday/Friday, 2/20 & 2/21
La Mitad del Mundo, Volcano Pululahua, Rumicucho Ruins, Guagua/Rucu Pichincha Volcano
-Need suggestions on how to allocate and make all this work in two days. How do we exactly split up this list to make it happen in 2 days?
-Which will we need your services/tours for?
Day #6: Saturday, 2/22
-We are not very big shoppers... so perhaps maybe we can just briefly visit the market and then we can do something around around here. Perhaps a trip to Peguche Waterfall?
-Any other suggestions
Day #7: Sunday, 2/23
Day #8: Monday, 2/24
-Early transfer to UIO Airport for only passenger
We enjoy activities like hiking, rock climbing, rappelling through the waterfalls. Not too found of walking around looking at old churches, buildings, art museums. I guess we're not really cultured.
Is there anything else we can do to this?
Really looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 3 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 4 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 5 Bariloche car rental
- 6 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 7 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 Machu Picchu in January
- 10 Dining in Medellin
- 11 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 12 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 13 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 14 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 15 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 16 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 17 santiago chile area
- 18 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 19 Reflections on our South America trip
- 20 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 21 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 22 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 23 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 24 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 25 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni