I'm always so appreciated of travel forums and always seem to get the best advice here. I have a Quito trip quickly approaching which was booked at the very last minute and need your help.
Below is my tentative itinerary which needs to be fleshed out. Please help with organizing the order of the places we are visiting and have it start from easy to hardest (acclimatizing wise).
Day #1: Tuesday, 2/17
-Arrival in UIO Airport @ 8pm
Day #2: Wednesday, 2/18
-Taking it easy and getting acquainted with old/new town
-Climb the clocktowers of Basilica Voto del Nacional
-Any other suggestions on easy stuff to do?
Day #3: Thursday, 2/19
-Cotopaxi Volcano National Park
-Any trail recommendations? Any cool waterfalls, caves, interesting natural wonders to explore here?
Day #4 & #5: Thursday/Friday, 2/20 & 2/21
La Mitad del Mundo, Volcano Pululahua, Rumicucho Ruins, Guagua/Rucu Pichincha Volcano
-Need suggestions on how to allocate and make all this work in two days. How do we exactly split up this list to make it happen in 2 days?
-Which will we need your services/tours for?
Day #6: Saturday, 2/22
-We are not very big shoppers... so perhaps maybe we can just briefly visit the market and then we can do something around around here. Perhaps a trip to Peguche Waterfall?
-Any other suggestions
Day #7: Sunday, 2/23
Day #8: Monday, 2/24
-Early transfer to UIO Airport for only passenger
We enjoy activities like hiking, rock climbing, rappelling through the waterfalls. Not too found of walking around looking at old churches, buildings, art museums. I guess we're not really cultured.
Is there anything else we can do to this?
Really looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 2 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 3 Pantanal tour prices
- 4 Travel by Bus in Peru
- 5 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 6 Safety in Rio?
- 7 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 8 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 9 Argentina Trip report
- 10 My Lima Layover
- 11 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 12 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 13 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 14 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 15 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 16 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 17 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 18 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 19 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 20 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 21 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 22 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 23 tours and tips
- 24 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 25 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?