I'm always so appreciated of travel forums and always seem to get the best advice here. I have a Quito trip quickly approaching which was booked at the very last minute and need your help.
Below is my tentative itinerary which needs to be fleshed out. Please help with organizing the order of the places we are visiting and have it start from easy to hardest (acclimatizing wise).
Day #1: Tuesday, 2/17
-Arrival in UIO Airport @ 8pm
Day #2: Wednesday, 2/18
-Taking it easy and getting acquainted with old/new town
-Climb the clocktowers of Basilica Voto del Nacional
-Any other suggestions on easy stuff to do?
Day #3: Thursday, 2/19
-Cotopaxi Volcano National Park
-Any trail recommendations? Any cool waterfalls, caves, interesting natural wonders to explore here?
Day #4 & #5: Thursday/Friday, 2/20 & 2/21
La Mitad del Mundo, Volcano Pululahua, Rumicucho Ruins, Guagua/Rucu Pichincha Volcano
-Need suggestions on how to allocate and make all this work in two days. How do we exactly split up this list to make it happen in 2 days?
-Which will we need your services/tours for?
Day #6: Saturday, 2/22
-We are not very big shoppers... so perhaps maybe we can just briefly visit the market and then we can do something around around here. Perhaps a trip to Peguche Waterfall?
-Any other suggestions
Day #7: Sunday, 2/23
Day #8: Monday, 2/24
-Early transfer to UIO Airport for only passenger
We enjoy activities like hiking, rock climbing, rappelling through the waterfalls. Not too found of walking around looking at old churches, buildings, art museums. I guess we're not really cultured.
Is there anything else we can do to this?
Really looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks so much!!!
Super Packed Quito Itinerary - Feedback appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 2 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 3 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 4 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 5 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 6 2 wks in Colombia
- 7 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 8 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 9 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 10 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 11 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 12 iguaza falls
- 13 Argentina Holiday Help
- 14 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 15 Buenos Aries
- 16 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 17 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 20 cheap flights to paraguay
- 21 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 22 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 23 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 24 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 25 Obtaining a visa while abroad