I'm always so appreciated of travel forums and always seem to get the best advice here. I have a Quito trip quickly approaching which was booked at the very last minute and need your help.
Below is my tentative itinerary which needs to be fleshed out. Please help with organizing the order of the places we are visiting and have it start from easy to hardest (acclimatizing wise).
Day #1: Tuesday, 2/17
-Arrival in UIO Airport @ 8pm
Day #2: Wednesday, 2/18
-Taking it easy and getting acquainted with old/new town
-Climb the clocktowers of Basilica Voto del Nacional
-Any other suggestions on easy stuff to do?
Day #3: Thursday, 2/19
-Cotopaxi Volcano National Park
-Any trail recommendations? Any cool waterfalls, caves, interesting natural wonders to explore here?
Day #4 & #5: Thursday/Friday, 2/20 & 2/21
La Mitad del Mundo, Volcano Pululahua, Rumicucho Ruins, Guagua/Rucu Pichincha Volcano
-Need suggestions on how to allocate and make all this work in two days. How do we exactly split up this list to make it happen in 2 days?
-Which will we need your services/tours for?
Day #6: Saturday, 2/22
-We are not very big shoppers... so perhaps maybe we can just briefly visit the market and then we can do something around around here. Perhaps a trip to Peguche Waterfall?
-Any other suggestions
Day #7: Sunday, 2/23
Day #8: Monday, 2/24
-Early transfer to UIO Airport for only passenger
We enjoy activities like hiking, rock climbing, rappelling through the waterfalls. Not too found of walking around looking at old churches, buildings, art museums. I guess we're not really cultured.
Is there anything else we can do to this?
Really looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 2 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 3 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 4 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 5 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 6 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 7 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 8 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 9 Sixty days in Colombia
- 10 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 11 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 12 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 13 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 16 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 17 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 18 Cajamarca
- 19 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 20 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 21 Patagonia - Equipment
- 22 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 23 Chile or Argentina?
- 24 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 25 Iguassu Falls footwear?