I'm always so appreciated of travel forums and always seem to get the best advice here. I have a Quito trip quickly approaching which was booked at the very last minute and need your help.
Below is my tentative itinerary which needs to be fleshed out. Please help with organizing the order of the places we are visiting and have it start from easy to hardest (acclimatizing wise).
Day #1: Tuesday, 2/17
-Arrival in UIO Airport @ 8pm
Day #2: Wednesday, 2/18
-Taking it easy and getting acquainted with old/new town
-Climb the clocktowers of Basilica Voto del Nacional
-Any other suggestions on easy stuff to do?
Day #3: Thursday, 2/19
-Cotopaxi Volcano National Park
-Any trail recommendations? Any cool waterfalls, caves, interesting natural wonders to explore here?
Day #4 & #5: Thursday/Friday, 2/20 & 2/21
La Mitad del Mundo, Volcano Pululahua, Rumicucho Ruins, Guagua/Rucu Pichincha Volcano
-Need suggestions on how to allocate and make all this work in two days. How do we exactly split up this list to make it happen in 2 days?
-Which will we need your services/tours for?
Day #6: Saturday, 2/22
-We are not very big shoppers... so perhaps maybe we can just briefly visit the market and then we can do something around around here. Perhaps a trip to Peguche Waterfall?
-Any other suggestions
Day #7: Sunday, 2/23
Day #8: Monday, 2/24
-Early transfer to UIO Airport for only passenger
We enjoy activities like hiking, rock climbing, rappelling through the waterfalls. Not too found of walking around looking at old churches, buildings, art museums. I guess we're not really cultured.
Is there anything else we can do to this?
Really looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks so much!!!
Super Packed Quito Itinerary - Feedback appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 2 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 3 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 4 Ecuador Guide Book
- 5 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 6 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 7 Money in Buenos Aires
- 8 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 9 Solo female travelling around South America
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 12 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 13 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 14 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 15 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 16 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 17 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 18 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 19 Quito: Old city or new?
- 20 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 23 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 25 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?