I'm always so appreciated of travel forums and always seem to get the best advice here. I have a Quito trip quickly approaching which was booked at the very last minute and need your help.
Below is my tentative itinerary which needs to be fleshed out. Please help with organizing the order of the places we are visiting and have it start from easy to hardest (acclimatizing wise).
Day #1: Tuesday, 2/17
-Arrival in UIO Airport @ 8pm
Day #2: Wednesday, 2/18
-Taking it easy and getting acquainted with old/new town
-Climb the clocktowers of Basilica Voto del Nacional
-Any other suggestions on easy stuff to do?
Day #3: Thursday, 2/19
-Cotopaxi Volcano National Park
-Any trail recommendations? Any cool waterfalls, caves, interesting natural wonders to explore here?
Day #4 & #5: Thursday/Friday, 2/20 & 2/21
La Mitad del Mundo, Volcano Pululahua, Rumicucho Ruins, Guagua/Rucu Pichincha Volcano
-Need suggestions on how to allocate and make all this work in two days. How do we exactly split up this list to make it happen in 2 days?
-Which will we need your services/tours for?
Day #6: Saturday, 2/22
-We are not very big shoppers... so perhaps maybe we can just briefly visit the market and then we can do something around around here. Perhaps a trip to Peguche Waterfall?
-Any other suggestions
Day #7: Sunday, 2/23
Day #8: Monday, 2/24
-Early transfer to UIO Airport for only passenger
We enjoy activities like hiking, rock climbing, rappelling through the waterfalls. Not too found of walking around looking at old churches, buildings, art museums. I guess we're not really cultured.
Is there anything else we can do to this?
Really looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is it worth the Brazil visa to see the Falls?
- 2 help to plan a budget trip in south america
- 3 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 4 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 5 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 6 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 7 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 8 Argentina in October--more questions
- 9 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 10 South America this October
- 11 Chile or Argentina?
- 12 11 hours in Lima
- 13 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 14 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 15 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 16 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 17 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 18 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 19 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 20 Peru in December
- 21 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 22 Tarapoto
- 23 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 24 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 25 A brief encounter with Ecuador