I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.
After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...
Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?
Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?
Thanks for the advice!
Sugar Loaf Trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Currency Woes
- 2 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 3 Just a week!
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 6 driving to salvador
- 7 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 8 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 9 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 10 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 11 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 12 Quito trip
- 13 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 14 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 15 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 16 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 17 1 day in Rio
- 18 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 19 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 20 Solo female travelling around South America
- 21 Bariloche car rental
- 22 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 23 Galapagos Islands
- 24 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 25 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!