I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.
After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...
Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?
Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 https://nutrasunnaturalgreencleanseblog.com/body-boost-garcinia/
- 2 Argentina (Chile?)
- 3 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 4 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 5 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 10 What to skip in Argentina
- 11 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 12 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 13 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 14 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 15 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 16 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 17 Itineraries
- 18 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 19 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 20 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 21 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 22 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 23 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 24 3.5 days in Rio
- 25 Iguaçu Falls fast trip