I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.
After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...
Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?
Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/epiclear-pro/
- 2 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 3 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 4 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 5 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 6 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 7 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 8 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 8 days in Ecudor
- 10 Northeast Brazil
- 11 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 12 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 13 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 14 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 18 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 19 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 20 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 21 Lima - driver for hire
- 22 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 23 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 24 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 25 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?