I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.
After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...
Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?
Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 2 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 3 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 4 Pantanal Lodges
- 5 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 6 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 7 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 8 Manaus
- 9 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 10 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 11 Avianca business class
- 12 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 13 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 14 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 15 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 16 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 17 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 18 How many days in Medellin area?
- 19 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 20 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 21 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 22 Peru Trip for the Family
- 23 Pisco sours
- 24 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 25 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver