I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.
After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...
Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?
Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 2 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 3 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 7 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 8 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 9 Iquitos
- 10 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 11 Rainbow mountain trek
- 12 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 13 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 14 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 15 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 16 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 17 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 18 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 21 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 24 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 25 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?