I am planning to take two taxis from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf with a group of 6. We are planning to arrive around 4:00pm and take the cable cars to the top for the sunset. Is 4 oclock on a Thursday a good time to make it up to the top for the sunset in time.
After going to the top of sugar loaf we plan to come back down and then take a taxi to Bar Urca. We will probably eat and drink there and then maybe head to another destination, bar, restaurant, beach...
Can anyone recommend another location that is close to Sugar Loaf & Bar Urca?
Are there a lot of taxis that pass Bar Urca? Will it be safe to travel around the area by taxi after sunset?
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 2 galapagos island
- 3 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 4 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 christmas in buenos aires
- 7 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 8 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 9 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 10 Best Latin American countries!
- 11 Peru in Late February?
- 12 Sao Paulo
- 13 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 14 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 15 Salud !
- 16 Cartagena
- 17 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 18 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 19 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 20 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 21 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 22 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 23 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 24 Galapagos Island
- 25 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.