I am planning a trip to South America (Peru, Argentina, etc) and would like input from travelers who have been to Bolivia. Generally speaking, I do not prejudge countries, but I must admit that I am a little intimated by Bolivia. Perhaps it is because of Bolivia’s landlocked location. Perhaps it is because of the country’s poverty. I don’t know. Just how bad is the poverty in towns like Sucre and Potosi? Are these towns geared towards mainstream travelers or they more oriented towards the ‘hardcore’ type?
Anyways, I am a sucker for old colonial towns. Rough Guide recommends Sucre and Potosi. If you have been to either, please let me know what you think. Compared to other architectural gems and impressive sightseeing destinations in Latin America-like Cusco, Buenos Aires, Salta, Rio de Janeiro, Santo Domingo (DR), San Juan (PR), etc., how do Sucre and Potosi measure up?
Sucre and Potosi, Bolivia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 3 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Salta vs. Santiago
- 6 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 7 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 8 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 9 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 10 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 11 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 12 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 13 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador