After reading all those crime warnings and scary stories about Venezuela I am wondering if it is possible and wise to store one's extra stuff in hotels when going trekking there. I would like to do it at San Francisco de Yuruani (or possibly at Paraitepuy or Santa Elena de Uairén), Merida, and Maracay (or possibly at Turmero). I have done it in many countries of the world without any problem but anything can be for the first time. Should I expect any problems in Venezuela in this respect? Thanks.
Storing one's extra stuff in hotels when trekking in Venezuela
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary in Peru, Sacred Valley/Cusco/Titicaca/MP
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Sugar Loaf Trip
- 4 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 5 March 2015 – Adventure Trip Planning – 2 Weeks in Chile/Argentina
- 6 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Cartagena - help!
- 9 Trip Report: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru with Tweens
- 10 A few days in Uruguay from Buenos Aires
- 11 Ecuador-tour guides
- 12 Colombia + Peru in 1 month: itinerary doable?
- 13 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 14 Birding in Mindo
- 15 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 16 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 17 9 days in Rio, Buenos Aires,and Mendoza
- 18 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 19 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 20 2 weeks in Argentina
- 21 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 24 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 25 3 Weeks Itinerary