We are arriving very early into Rio di Janerio on a Saturday and will have a full day to tour but need to catch an 8 a.m. flight out of the International Airport on Sunday to Campo Grande. Then we return with 3 full days/2 nights to spend before departing. Everyone mentions Copacabana and Ipanema but the hotels are expensive and don't seem very unique. We normally like a boutique or smaller property and most of those seem to be in Santa Teresa. Our other interest at night is to stroll to restaurants, bars (we are not nightclubbers) and just enjoy the general vicinity of our hotel without need of public transport. Where would you stay at the start and end? All hotel suggestions appreciated....we are probably hoping to max out at $300 but would prefer to stay closer to the $200 range. Thank you!
Splitting Lodging Time in Rio???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help
- 2 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 3 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 4 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 5 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 6 Easter Day in Rio
- 7 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 8 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 9 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 10 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 11 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 12 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 13 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 14 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 15 Three weeks in South America
- 16 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 17 Patagonia tour in April
- 18 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 21 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 22 Off the beaten track
- 23 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 24 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 25 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike