We are arriving very early into Rio di Janerio on a Saturday and will have a full day to tour but need to catch an 8 a.m. flight out of the International Airport on Sunday to Campo Grande. Then we return with 3 full days/2 nights to spend before departing. Everyone mentions Copacabana and Ipanema but the hotels are expensive and don't seem very unique. We normally like a boutique or smaller property and most of those seem to be in Santa Teresa. Our other interest at night is to stroll to restaurants, bars (we are not nightclubbers) and just enjoy the general vicinity of our hotel without need of public transport. Where would you stay at the start and end? All hotel suggestions appreciated....we are probably hoping to max out at $300 but would prefer to stay closer to the $200 range. Thank you!
Splitting Lodging Time in Rio???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 2 weeks in Argentina
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 6 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 9 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 10 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 11 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!