We are arriving very early into Rio di Janerio on a Saturday and will have a full day to tour but need to catch an 8 a.m. flight out of the International Airport on Sunday to Campo Grande. Then we return with 3 full days/2 nights to spend before departing. Everyone mentions Copacabana and Ipanema but the hotels are expensive and don't seem very unique. We normally like a boutique or smaller property and most of those seem to be in Santa Teresa. Our other interest at night is to stroll to restaurants, bars (we are not nightclubbers) and just enjoy the general vicinity of our hotel without need of public transport. Where would you stay at the start and end? All hotel suggestions appreciated....we are probably hoping to max out at $300 but would prefer to stay closer to the $200 range. Thank you!
Splitting Lodging Time in Rio???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 2 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Bogota
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia