We are going on an road scholar trip to the Galapagos. The tour ends in Guayaquil on Dec. 24 -- which is designated as a travel day without any activities/tours. If we fly home on 12/25 we can save approx. $500 (minus the $100 + for an extra night at the hotel). Are there interesting things to see in Guayaquil? Should the fact that it is Christmas eve influence our decision? (We do not celebrate Christmas so will not be looking to attend any services) Please share your knowledge of Guayaquil. THanks
spending a day in Guayaquil, ecuador
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 2 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 6 8 Days in Peru
- 7 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 8 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 9 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 10 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 11 Transportation in Ecuador
- 12 NW of Argentina
- 13 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 14 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 15 Ten days in Ecuador
- 16 amazon jungle trips
- 17 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 18 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 19 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 20 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 21 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 22 Peru versus Bolivia
- 23 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 24 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 25 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)