We are going on an road scholar trip to the Galapagos. The tour ends in Guayaquil on Dec. 24 -- which is designated as a travel day without any activities/tours. If we fly home on 12/25 we can save approx. $500 (minus the $100 + for an extra night at the hotel). Are there interesting things to see in Guayaquil? Should the fact that it is Christmas eve influence our decision? (We do not celebrate Christmas so will not be looking to attend any services) Please share your knowledge of Guayaquil. THanks
spending a day in Guayaquil, ecuador
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 2 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 3 Ecuador Guide Book
- 4 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 5 Money in Buenos Aires
- 6 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 7 Solo female travelling around South America
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 10 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 11 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 12 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 13 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 14 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 15 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 16 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 17 Quito: Old city or new?
- 18 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 19 Bogota
- 20 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 21 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 23 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 24 4 weeks in Chile
- 25 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?