We are going on an road scholar trip to the Galapagos. The tour ends in Guayaquil on Dec. 24 -- which is designated as a travel day without any activities/tours. If we fly home on 12/25 we can save approx. $500 (minus the $100 + for an extra night at the hotel). Are there interesting things to see in Guayaquil? Should the fact that it is Christmas eve influence our decision? (We do not celebrate Christmas so will not be looking to attend any services) Please share your knowledge of Guayaquil. THanks
spending a day in Guayaquil, ecuador
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru, Amazon, Brazil... best solo? Tour?
- 2 Language school in Antigua or Quetzaltenango
- 3 TDP in August
- 4 Peru in December
- 5 Quito: Old city or new?
- 6 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 7 amazon jungle trips
- 8 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 9 Amazon Cruise
- 10 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 11 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 12 Brazil for Carnival
- 13 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 14 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 15 Last 2 weeks
- 16 10 nights in Argentina
- 17 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 18 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 19 Sobering Film
- 20 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 21 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 22 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 23 Machu Picchu First?
- 24 Rosh Hashanah
- 25 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure