First of all does anyone know when Carnival takes place in 2012? Also, I'm thinking of starting my adventure in Manaus but hope to be in Salvador by Carnival. I want to travel by land and water through Brazil and go from Manaus to Salvador and then to Belo Horizonte which is where some good friends live. From there I hope to journey on to Rio or Sao Paolo and then to Iguassu Falls and on to Buenos Aires, possibly Bariloche, and eventually Ushaia, Argentina all by land as well. I already looked into flights so what I do need help with is looking into bus fares or other fares (ferry or riverboat?) to make this adventure a reality. I'm a 31 y.o. female that is strongly considering this journey alone. How safe is it? I hear Rio is dangerous but many also recommend that a trip to Brazil is incomplete without a stay in Rio. I'm thinking of staying in hostels or if that's not ideal budget hotels. I want to go on an adventure but hope I make it back home too!
Some questions about Brazil and Argentina?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 2 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 3 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 4 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 5 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 6 1 day in Rio
- 7 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 8 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 9 Solo female travelling around South America
- 10 Bariloche car rental
- 11 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 12 Galapagos Islands
- 13 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 14 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 15 Day trip to Paracas
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Peru trip
- 18 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 19 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 20 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 21 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 22 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 23 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 24 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 25 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca