First of all does anyone know when Carnival takes place in 2012? Also, I'm thinking of starting my adventure in Manaus but hope to be in Salvador by Carnival. I want to travel by land and water through Brazil and go from Manaus to Salvador and then to Belo Horizonte which is where some good friends live. From there I hope to journey on to Rio or Sao Paolo and then to Iguassu Falls and on to Buenos Aires, possibly Bariloche, and eventually Ushaia, Argentina all by land as well. I already looked into flights so what I do need help with is looking into bus fares or other fares (ferry or riverboat?) to make this adventure a reality. I'm a 31 y.o. female that is strongly considering this journey alone. How safe is it? I hear Rio is dangerous but many also recommend that a trip to Brazil is incomplete without a stay in Rio. I'm thinking of staying in hostels or if that's not ideal budget hotels. I want to go on an adventure but hope I make it back home too!
Some questions about Brazil and Argentina?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 2 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 JW Marriott Lima
- 6 Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Quito recommendations
- 10 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 11 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 12 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 13 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 14 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 15 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 16 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 19 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 20 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 21 Ecuador-tour guides
- 22 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 23 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 24 lima airport transport
- 25 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback