First of all does anyone know when Carnival takes place in 2012? Also, I'm thinking of starting my adventure in Manaus but hope to be in Salvador by Carnival. I want to travel by land and water through Brazil and go from Manaus to Salvador and then to Belo Horizonte which is where some good friends live. From there I hope to journey on to Rio or Sao Paolo and then to Iguassu Falls and on to Buenos Aires, possibly Bariloche, and eventually Ushaia, Argentina all by land as well. I already looked into flights so what I do need help with is looking into bus fares or other fares (ferry or riverboat?) to make this adventure a reality. I'm a 31 y.o. female that is strongly considering this journey alone. How safe is it? I hear Rio is dangerous but many also recommend that a trip to Brazil is incomplete without a stay in Rio. I'm thinking of staying in hostels or if that's not ideal budget hotels. I want to go on an adventure but hope I make it back home too!
Some questions about Brazil and Argentina?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 2 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 3 4 weeks in Chile
- 4 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 5 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 6 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 7 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 8 Para Ti, Brazil
- 9 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 10 Advice needed for Colombia
- 11 Chile and Argentina
- 12 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 13 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 14 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 15 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 16 El valle de Elquí
- 17 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 18 Columbia Questions
- 19 Bogota
- 20 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 21 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 22 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 23 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 24 Galapagos in 5 days
- 25 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels