First of all does anyone know when Carnival takes place in 2012? Also, I'm thinking of starting my adventure in Manaus but hope to be in Salvador by Carnival. I want to travel by land and water through Brazil and go from Manaus to Salvador and then to Belo Horizonte which is where some good friends live. From there I hope to journey on to Rio or Sao Paolo and then to Iguassu Falls and on to Buenos Aires, possibly Bariloche, and eventually Ushaia, Argentina all by land as well. I already looked into flights so what I do need help with is looking into bus fares or other fares (ferry or riverboat?) to make this adventure a reality. I'm a 31 y.o. female that is strongly considering this journey alone. How safe is it? I hear Rio is dangerous but many also recommend that a trip to Brazil is incomplete without a stay in Rio. I'm thinking of staying in hostels or if that's not ideal budget hotels. I want to go on an adventure but hope I make it back home too!
Some questions about Brazil and Argentina?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 3 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 4 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 5 2 wks in Colombia
- 6 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 iguaza falls
- 9 Argentina Holiday Help
- 10 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 11 Buenos Aries
- 12 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 13 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 14 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 15 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 16 cheap flights to paraguay
- 17 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 18 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 19 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 20 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 21 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 22 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 23 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 24 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 25 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?