First of all does anyone know when Carnival takes place in 2012? Also, I'm thinking of starting my adventure in Manaus but hope to be in Salvador by Carnival. I want to travel by land and water through Brazil and go from Manaus to Salvador and then to Belo Horizonte which is where some good friends live. From there I hope to journey on to Rio or Sao Paolo and then to Iguassu Falls and on to Buenos Aires, possibly Bariloche, and eventually Ushaia, Argentina all by land as well. I already looked into flights so what I do need help with is looking into bus fares or other fares (ferry or riverboat?) to make this adventure a reality. I'm a 31 y.o. female that is strongly considering this journey alone. How safe is it? I hear Rio is dangerous but many also recommend that a trip to Brazil is incomplete without a stay in Rio. I'm thinking of staying in hostels or if that's not ideal budget hotels. I want to go on an adventure but hope I make it back home too!
Some questions about Brazil and Argentina?
View all South America activity »
- 1 Iquitos, Gateway to the Peruvian Amazon rain forest
- 2 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 3 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 4 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 5 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 6 8 Days in Brazil
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 9 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 10 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 13 Peru Hop?
- 14 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 15 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 16 Uruguay Re-Do
- 17 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 18 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 21 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 22 Bariloche over XMas
- 23 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 24 Traveling with a Computer?
- 25 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires