I have been twice now to Brazil. From all the places I have visited, Rio de Janeiro, Ouro Preto and Salvador stood out as the architectural gems. I never visited São Luís because it’s out of the way and because the guidebooks go back-and-forth with their advice. They call it run-down and poor and yet also describe it as a fascinating colonial-style destination. This is purely your opinion here, but do you think São Luís is a ‘must-see’ kind of place like Rio, Ouro Preto or Salvador or is it more of a place to visit only if you are in the area already?
São Luís: Among Brazil’s Greatest Cities or too Run-Down?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Our Founder at Susie Abney Foundation
- 4 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 5 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 6 JW Marriott Lima
- 7 Trip Report - Very Long
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Quito recommendations
- 11 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 12 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 13 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 14 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 15 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 16 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 17 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 20 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 21 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 22 Ecuador-tour guides
- 23 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 24 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 25 lima airport transport