I have been twice now to Brazil. From all the places I have visited, Rio de Janeiro, Ouro Preto and Salvador stood out as the architectural gems. I never visited São Luís because it’s out of the way and because the guidebooks go back-and-forth with their advice. They call it run-down and poor and yet also describe it as a fascinating colonial-style destination. This is purely your opinion here, but do you think São Luís is a ‘must-see’ kind of place like Rio, Ouro Preto or Salvador or is it more of a place to visit only if you are in the area already?
São Luís: Among Brazil’s Greatest Cities or too Run-Down?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 6 Bogotá Restaurants
- 7 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 8 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 9 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 10 Salta vs. Santiago
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 14 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador