Hello! My husband and I are about 2 weeks out from our first trip to South America. We are starting with 3 nights in Rio, followed by 2 nights in Iguazu and 3 nights in Buenos Aires. We are staying at the Marina All Suites, the Hotel das Cataratas and the Park Hyatt respectively. As this is our first time I am wondering if any of your experts have tips for us. I have heard that it is best not to use the ATMs in Brazil so we are planning to get a good amount of real from Wells Fargo before we go but I have heard that it would be in our best interest to bring US dollars to Argentina and exchange them on the underground market?
Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Back to South America
- 3 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 4 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 5 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra