Hello! My husband and I are about 2 weeks out from our first trip to South America. We are starting with 3 nights in Rio, followed by 2 nights in Iguazu and 3 nights in Buenos Aires. We are staying at the Marina All Suites, the Hotel das Cataratas and the Park Hyatt respectively. As this is our first time I am wondering if any of your experts have tips for us. I have heard that it is best not to use the ATMs in Brazil so we are planning to get a good amount of real from Wells Fargo before we go but I have heard that it would be in our best interest to bring US dollars to Argentina and exchange them on the underground market?
Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 6 WWYD-time in Lima
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 9 Argentina Holiday Help
- 10 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 11 argentina & brazil
- 12 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 13 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 14 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 15 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 16 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 17 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 18 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 19 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 20 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 2 wks in Colombia
- 23 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 24 Buenos Aries
- 25 Tour guide for Machu Picchu