Hello! My husband and I are about 2 weeks out from our first trip to South America. We are starting with 3 nights in Rio, followed by 2 nights in Iguazu and 3 nights in Buenos Aires. We are staying at the Marina All Suites, the Hotel das Cataratas and the Park Hyatt respectively. As this is our first time I am wondering if any of your experts have tips for us. I have heard that it is best not to use the ATMs in Brazil so we are planning to get a good amount of real from Wells Fargo before we go but I have heard that it would be in our best interest to bring US dollars to Argentina and exchange them on the underground market?
Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Birding in Mindo
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 6 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 7 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 8 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 25 Which airline to fly to Cusco?