We will be in chile for two weeks and are thinking of going to San Pedro de Atacama and take an organized tours to see Valle de la Luna, Salar de Atacama and Tatio Geyser - the question is how much walking these tours involve? is it short distance or rather long? Person i am traveling with has bad knee and cant walk long distances (longer than approx 10-15min). What is your experience?
Also which of the tour operators would you recommend? or not recommend? we were thinking of Desert Adventure, Cosmo Andino or Maxime Experience...
Thank so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 By eating at least one gram of protein for each pound
- 2 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 3 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October
- 4 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 5 Looking for travel buddies in Salta/Jujuy
- 6 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 7 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 8 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 9 Argentina vs Chile
- 10 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 11 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 12 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 13 Avianca business class
- 14 Planning Argentina Trip
- 15 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 16 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 17 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 18 Feria de las flores
- 19 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 20 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 21 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 22 comments
- 23 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 24 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 25 Huacachina, Peru