We will be in chile for two weeks and are thinking of going to San Pedro de Atacama and take an organized tours to see Valle de la Luna, Salar de Atacama and Tatio Geyser - the question is how much walking these tours involve? is it short distance or rather long? Person i am traveling with has bad knee and cant walk long distances (longer than approx 10-15min). What is your experience?
Also which of the tour operators would you recommend? or not recommend? we were thinking of Desert Adventure, Cosmo Andino or Maxime Experience...
Thank so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 2 Machu Picchu in January
- 3 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Dining in Medellin
- 6 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 7 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 8 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 9 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 10 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 11 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 12 santiago chile area
- 13 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 14 Reflections on our South America trip
- 15 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 16 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 17 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 18 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 19 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 20 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 21 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 One week in Cartagena?
- 24 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 25 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience