We will be in chile for two weeks and are thinking of going to San Pedro de Atacama and take an organized tours to see Valle de la Luna, Salar de Atacama and Tatio Geyser - the question is how much walking these tours involve? is it short distance or rather long? Person i am traveling with has bad knee and cant walk long distances (longer than approx 10-15min). What is your experience?
Also which of the tour operators would you recommend? or not recommend? we were thinking of Desert Adventure, Cosmo Andino or Maxime Experience...
Thank so much for your advice.
San Pedro de Atacama - walking & tours - advice
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South