We will be in chile for two weeks and are thinking of going to San Pedro de Atacama and take an organized tours to see Valle de la Luna, Salar de Atacama and Tatio Geyser - the question is how much walking these tours involve? is it short distance or rather long? Person i am traveling with has bad knee and cant walk long distances (longer than approx 10-15min). What is your experience?
Also which of the tour operators would you recommend? or not recommend? we were thinking of Desert Adventure, Cosmo Andino or Maxime Experience...
Thank so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://greentoneproblog.net/optic-garcinia/
- 2 South American city for 2 female travelers to visit mid June?
- 3 Pereu Floodingf
- 4 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 5 Lunahuana
- 6 Machu Picchu train - luggage limits?
- 7 Cruz del Sur bus - Lima to Paracas
- 8 One week in Cartagena?
- 9 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 10 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 11 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 12 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 13 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 14 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 15 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 16 Choquequirao Questions
- 17 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 18 MARCHU PICCHU
- 19 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 20 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 21 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 22 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 25 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience