We will be in chile for two weeks and are thinking of going to San Pedro de Atacama and take an organized tours to see Valle de la Luna, Salar de Atacama and Tatio Geyser - the question is how much walking these tours involve? is it short distance or rather long? Person i am traveling with has bad knee and cant walk long distances (longer than approx 10-15min). What is your experience?
Also which of the tour operators would you recommend? or not recommend? we were thinking of Desert Adventure, Cosmo Andino or Maxime Experience...
Thank so much for your advice.
San Pedro de Atacama - walking & tours - advice
- 1 Adventure in Brazil : 2011 Trip Report
- 2 Trip Report: Argentina and Peru
- 3 Santiago Airport International Flight Connection Information
- 4 Cusco, Urubamba & Macchu Picchu
- 5 Peru & Bolivia (Cusco, Macchu Picchu, Puno, Copacabana, La Paz, Uyuni)
- 6 Trip Report: Brazil--the Pantanal
- 7 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 8 5 months South America
- 9 Argentina El Calafate to Chilean border - Punta arenas
- 10 2nd Brazil Visit - Ideas please
- 11 5 days in South America - Brazil or Argentina? (Sao Paolo and Rio excluded)
- 12 Chile Itinerary without Patagonia
- 13 Galapagos travel plan recommendation
- 14 Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
- 15 Family trip to Lima and MP
- 16 Machu Picchu - Hiking boots or Teva sandals?
- 17 Highly recommended taxi driver in the Sacred Valley of Peru
- 18 Patagonia Itinerary
- 19 Back to South America
- 20 South America in July
- 21 Might Chile's reciprocity fee disappear in 2014?
- 22 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 23 Brazil Help!
- 24 Driving from Bariloche to Chile
- 25 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile