We will be in chile for two weeks and are thinking of going to San Pedro de Atacama and take an organized tours to see Valle de la Luna, Salar de Atacama and Tatio Geyser - the question is how much walking these tours involve? is it short distance or rather long? Person i am traveling with has bad knee and cant walk long distances (longer than approx 10-15min). What is your experience?
Also which of the tour operators would you recommend? or not recommend? we were thinking of Desert Adventure, Cosmo Andino or Maxime Experience...
Thank so much for your advice.
San Pedro de Atacama - walking & tours - advice
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 5 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 6 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 7 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 8 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 9 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 10 Quito recommendations
- 11 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 12 Ecuador-tour guides
- 13 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 14 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 15 lima airport transport
- 16 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 17 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 18 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 19 Argentina currency
- 20 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 21 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 22 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 23 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 24 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?
- 25 Need packing help for early May trip to Peru