Ok, normally planning is not a problem, but we're six+ months in of a eight month rtw trip and I am super struggling with how to spend our Salta time. Please help! We will arrive 24 March. I'm thinking 5 nights before needing to cross the border into Bolvia. By April we were supposed to be in Peru so we are a country behind and I don't see extending time in Salta. We are not city folk, so I'm thinking two nights in Salta for recovery & business (we will have been 3 nighting it around Patagonia for a few weeks prior w/our two kids so know we need 2-nts minimum). I don't think we want to rent a car and see everything. I think it'd be best if we found a sweet, small town between Salta and the border and just enjoyed being there. We love to hike, enjoy beautiful views & appreciate wifi. Ideas? Thank You!!
Salta...Travel Brain Dead
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South