Hello all! I spent 3 months in BA about 10 years ago and absolutely loved it. Am planning a trip back to Argentina in October 2013 (soon!) and had originally set our sights on Mendoza. In doing more research, I am growing concerned that Mendoza may not have the charm we had hoped, and perhaps Salta as a city has more going on in terms of architecture/ ambience? We plan on doing some light hiking/ sight seeing, but our main goal for the trip is food/wine and meandering. Any thoughts/opinions? It also seems the only options for getting to and from Mendoza/Salta are either connecting flights through BA or an overnight bus? Many thanks in advance!
Salta OR Mendoza OR both??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brazilian music
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 8 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 9 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 10 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 11 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 14 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 15 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 16 Private sightseeing
- 17 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 18 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 19 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 20 argentina & brazil
- 21 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 22 private sightseeing
- 23 private tour options
- 24 Currency Woes
- 25 Trek/Tour companies recommendations