Hello all! I spent 3 months in BA about 10 years ago and absolutely loved it. Am planning a trip back to Argentina in October 2013 (soon!) and had originally set our sights on Mendoza. In doing more research, I am growing concerned that Mendoza may not have the charm we had hoped, and perhaps Salta as a city has more going on in terms of architecture/ ambience? We plan on doing some light hiking/ sight seeing, but our main goal for the trip is food/wine and meandering. Any thoughts/opinions? It also seems the only options for getting to and from Mendoza/Salta are either connecting flights through BA or an overnight bus? Many thanks in advance!
Salta OR Mendoza OR both??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 2 Ecuador Guide Book
- 3 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 4 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 5 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 6 Money in Buenos Aires
- 7 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 8 Solo female travelling around South America
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 11 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 12 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 13 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 14 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 15 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 16 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 17 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 18 Quito: Old city or new?
- 19 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 20 Bogota
- 21 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 22 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 24 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 25 4 weeks in Chile