We are 4 people in our mid-late 20s visiting Buenos Aires and want to travel to Salta before May 25 for about a week. We are thinking that flying out is best as it saves time to just get there. We are interested in experiencing the culture and seeing artisanal crafts, nature, trekking, horseback riding, salt flats and other types of outdoor activities. Can someone please recommend a jumping off point? Must see places as well as hotel recommendations? We are spanish speaking so that shouldn't be an issue. We are also comfortable renting a car if it is a good option. We are willing to spend money when worth it, but economical options to be highly considered please.
thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 3 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo