My husband and I will be traveling to Argentina in May. We will be flying into Buenos Aires, and taking an overnight bus to Iguazu Falls. We Are staying in Iguazu for 2 nights then taking an 11:40am flight to Salta. We are staying in the northwest region for 4 nights and then taking the overnight bus to buenos aires- where we will be staying for 5 nights.
We can't decide whether to split up our time in The northwest region and stay 2 nights in Cafayate and 2 nights in Tilcara or pick either north or south of Salta. If We decide to have one base, should We pick north or south? (We plan on spending half a day in Salta upon arrival before heading to our base.)
We really want to see both humuaca and cachi, but we are starting to think we are being too ambitious. Though we've read some people have done this renting a car.
This is our first time traveling to South America. We are both in our early thirties and love food and great scenery. We will probably do a short hike one day, but we aren't very active people. We won't be renting a car, but plan on taking a bus or hire a car.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 VERIZON @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 5 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 6 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 7 Pantanal Lodges
- 8 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 9 Manaus
- 10 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 11 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 12 Avianca business class
- 13 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 14 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 17 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 How many days in Medellin area?
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 22 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 23 Peru Trip for the Family
- 24 Pisco sours
- 25 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july