My husband and I will be traveling to Argentina in May. We will be flying into Buenos Aires, and taking an overnight bus to Iguazu Falls. We Are staying in Iguazu for 2 nights then taking an 11:40am flight to Salta. We are staying in the northwest region for 4 nights and then taking the overnight bus to buenos aires- where we will be staying for 5 nights.
We can't decide whether to split up our time in The northwest region and stay 2 nights in Cafayate and 2 nights in Tilcara or pick either north or south of Salta. If We decide to have one base, should We pick north or south? (We plan on spending half a day in Salta upon arrival before heading to our base.)
We really want to see both humuaca and cachi, but we are starting to think we are being too ambitious. Though we've read some people have done this renting a car.
This is our first time traveling to South America. We are both in our early thirties and love food and great scenery. We will probably do a short hike one day, but we aren't very active people. We won't be renting a car, but plan on taking a bus or hire a car.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche car rental
- 2 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 3 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Machu Picchu in January
- 7 Dining in Medellin
- 8 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 9 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 10 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 11 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 12 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 13 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 14 santiago chile area
- 15 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 16 Reflections on our South America trip
- 17 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 18 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 19 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 20 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 21 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 22 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 23 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 One week in Cartagena?