My husband and I will be traveling to Argentina in May. We will be flying into Buenos Aires, and taking an overnight bus to Iguazu Falls. We Are staying in Iguazu for 2 nights then taking an 11:40am flight to Salta. We are staying in the northwest region for 4 nights and then taking the overnight bus to buenos aires- where we will be staying for 5 nights.
We can't decide whether to split up our time in The northwest region and stay 2 nights in Cafayate and 2 nights in Tilcara or pick either north or south of Salta. If We decide to have one base, should We pick north or south? (We plan on spending half a day in Salta upon arrival before heading to our base.)
We really want to see both humuaca and cachi, but we are starting to think we are being too ambitious. Though we've read some people have done this renting a car.
This is our first time traveling to South America. We are both in our early thirties and love food and great scenery. We will probably do a short hike one day, but we aren't very active people. We won't be renting a car, but plan on taking a bus or hire a car.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 2 Need and advise about where to go in Bolivia
- 3 advice about traveling in Peru
- 4 Is it worth the Brazil visa to see the Falls?
- 5 help to plan a budget trip in south america
- 6 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 7 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 8 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 9 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 10 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 11 Argentina in October--more questions
- 12 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 13 South America this October
- 14 Chile or Argentina?
- 15 11 hours in Lima
- 16 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 17 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 18 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 19 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 20 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 21 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 22 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 23 Peru in December
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 Tarapoto