I am currently living in Cochabamba and I have two friends visiting me this week. We are meeting in Copacabana and then we go to La Paz and from there Salar Uyuni.
I am doubting on whether I should book a trip to Salar in advance (more expensive) from an agency here or La Paz or if I should just go to Uyuni with my friends and we book it there. Has anyone used any reliable travel agencies from Uyuni itself? If yes, please advice (like name of travel agency), as this would be our preferred option but we have heard just too many bad stories (drunk drivers, overpacked cars etc).
Thanks a lot to everyone!
Salar Uyuni: Book in advance or in Uyuni? Plz Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Peru versus Bolivia
- 3 Heart of the Inca
- 4 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 5 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 6 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 9 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 10 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 11 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 12 WWYD-time in Lima
- 13 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 14 Argentina Holiday Help
- 15 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 16 argentina & brazil
- 17 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 18 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 19 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 20 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 21 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 22 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 23 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 24 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 25 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?