I am currently living in Cochabamba and I have two friends visiting me this week. We are meeting in Copacabana and then we go to La Paz and from there Salar Uyuni.
I am doubting on whether I should book a trip to Salar in advance (more expensive) from an agency here or La Paz or if I should just go to Uyuni with my friends and we book it there. Has anyone used any reliable travel agencies from Uyuni itself? If yes, please advice (like name of travel agency), as this would be our preferred option but we have heard just too many bad stories (drunk drivers, overpacked cars etc).
Thanks a lot to everyone!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 2 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 3 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 4 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 5 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 6 Argentina vs Chile
- 7 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 8 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 9 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 10 Avianca business class
- 11 Planning Argentina Trip
- 12 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 13 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 14 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 15 Feria de las flores
- 16 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 17 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 comments
- 20 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 21 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 22 Huacachina, Peru
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Pantanal Lodges