I am currently living in Cochabamba and I have two friends visiting me this week. We are meeting in Copacabana and then we go to La Paz and from there Salar Uyuni.
I am doubting on whether I should book a trip to Salar in advance (more expensive) from an agency here or La Paz or if I should just go to Uyuni with my friends and we book it there. Has anyone used any reliable travel agencies from Uyuni itself? If yes, please advice (like name of travel agency), as this would be our preferred option but we have heard just too many bad stories (drunk drivers, overpacked cars etc).
Thanks a lot to everyone!
Salar Uyuni: Book in advance or in Uyuni? Plz Help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 2 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 3 Brazilian music
- 4 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 5 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 7 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 8 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 9 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 10 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 13 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 14 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 15 Private sightseeing
- 16 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 17 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 18 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 19 argentina & brazil
- 20 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 21 private sightseeing
- 22 private tour options
- 23 Currency Woes
- 24 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS