I have posted once before and had some great help in regards to my questions. I am travelling to South America for one year in November 2013. Originally I was just going to visit Ecuador but flights worked out cheaper to fly into Buenos Aires, Argentina and our from Rio De Janeiro. Yes I am quitting my job to live the dream I have had for years to travel to SA. Now comes the hard part of planning and sorting all of my affairs. No savings when I decided I would do it!! nothing.. just lots of hard work to make this happen.
Unfortunately things have been so crazy with work planning a route has become challenging. I am looking to travel as lightly as possible and see as much as I can. I will be travelling by land and will be more then happy to camp along the way as I have lightweight equipment I can carry easily.
At this stage I am looking into places I think I would like to visit and then I will get a general idea of my itinerary. I would like to get as close as I can to the heart of each country so I am not looking to go to big touristy areas apart from the big ones like Machu Picchu and Galapagos.
With Argentina being the first country on the list I really haven't looked to much into places to visit.
I would like to stay a couple of weeks in Buenos Aires, possibly volunteer at a school/orphanage. I have found a school that takes volunteers, I cant seem to find the site again right now. Its somewhere in my notes. From here I'm really not sure where I will go?
I will definitely go to Iguazu falls and would like to spend some time hiking. I will also spend time WOOFING in Argentina working in organic farms to help save some money and get a taste of farming in the country. I would also like to spend some time rock climbing in Tuzgle.
I definitely want to see the Southern Patagonian Ice Fields.. I'm really looking for places I can explore.
If any one has suggestions or possible route plans I am open as I feel I have bitten off a lot more then I can chew. I like things to be organised yet I don't want to plan things so much and have them change once I arrive.
I will be in Argentina for up to two months. Then move on to Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela and then finally Brazil. I will be spending close to three months in Ecuador as there are a few volunteer programs I wish to work on.
Out of the other countries here are some places I want to visit. If anyone has any suggestions in each country and suggested travel routes this would be greatly appreciated.
Lima- archaeology museums
manu national park
hot springs of Papallacta
Salar de Uyuni- Salt lake
Amazing Grotto: The Enchanted Well, Brazil
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 3 Huacachina, Peru
- 4 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 5 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 6 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 7 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 8 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 9 Pantanal Lodges
- 10 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 11 Manaus
- 12 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 13 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 14 Avianca business class
- 15 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 16 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 17 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 18 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 19 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 20 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 21 How many days in Medellin area?
- 22 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 23 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 24 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 25 Peru Trip for the Family
Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America