fairly hypothetically speaking, I have been interested in road tripping the South American continent over a 12 to 18 month period for some time and figure should start doing some more digging. I have done chile and argentina before on bus travel so know some of what to expect. I’d just like to get any info on offer on acquiring a 4×4 vehicle and beginning in columbia rounding the conitinent and finishing in Rio. along the coast but zigzagging quite a lot through peru and bolivia. Can anyone give an estimate on finances for a self driven long term trip, difficulties with roads and vehicles, and even info on how much(is it possible) to skip tours and do self driven trips to places like salar de uyuni and san pedro de atacama. How easy is finding camp sites and do you save much money camping. Is it possible to acquire sponsors for gear and accomadation and/or earn money blogging etc? any insight would be much appreciated. thanks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 2 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 3 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 4 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 5 Sixty days in Colombia
- 6 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 7 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 8 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 9 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 10 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 11 Choquequirao Questions
- 12 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 13 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 14 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 15 Cajamarca
- 16 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 17 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 18 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 19 Patagonia - Equipment
- 20 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 21 Chile or Argentina?
- 22 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 23 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 24 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 25 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed