fairly hypothetically speaking, I have been interested in road tripping the South American continent over a 12 to 18 month period for some time and figure should start doing some more digging. I have done chile and argentina before on bus travel so know some of what to expect. I’d just like to get any info on offer on acquiring a 4×4 vehicle and beginning in columbia rounding the conitinent and finishing in Rio. along the coast but zigzagging quite a lot through peru and bolivia. Can anyone give an estimate on finances for a self driven long term trip, difficulties with roads and vehicles, and even info on how much(is it possible) to skip tours and do self driven trips to places like salar de uyuni and san pedro de atacama. How easy is finding camp sites and do you save much money camping. Is it possible to acquire sponsors for gear and accomadation and/or earn money blogging etc? any insight would be much appreciated. thanks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Easy Testosterone Boosters >>> http://fitnesseducations.com/testo-boost-x/
- 2 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 3 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 4 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 5 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 6 Bariloche rafting trips
- 7 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 8 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 9 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 10 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 11 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 12 Safety warning?
- 13 Iguazu falls logistics
- 14 Packing for Chile in November
- 15 Lima stopover
- 16 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 17 Amazon side trip
- 18 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 19 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 20 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 21 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 22 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 23 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 24 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 25 Santiago - where to stay?