When flying out of Rio do not expect to spend your Brasilian money at the duty free shops. They only take US$ and there is no bank to exchange the money. Also remember when you check in at the airline there is a tax of $36US which must be paid in US cash and can not be put on Visa or Master Card
Rio de Janeiro Duty Free Shops
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Argentina
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 4 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 5 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 6 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 7 Back to South America
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 11 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 12 JW Marriott Lima
- 13 Trip Report - Very Long
- 14 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 15 Quito recommendations
- 16 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 17 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 18 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 19 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 22 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 23 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 24 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 25 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?