My wife and I are going to Rio in January for 10 days and are staying at the JW Marriott in their Executive Suite.
First, can anyone comment on the Executive Suite with ocean view? We are platinum members and are using points for half the trip so price isn't a concern.
Second, we were planning to go to Italy this fall but, with work obligations, decided on Brazil in January instead. It seems when we ask or tell people we are going they all seem concerned with security. I understand NOT to wear expensive jewelry or have a lot of cash on me or to wander at night but feel a little concerned about the comments we've been getting.
Last, if anyone can recommend a couple of GREAT things to do there, please respond. We aren't huge "touristy" travelers and usually go on vacation to completely relax, enjoy the culture, and hit the beaches!
Thanks in advance for all replies.
Rio de Janeiro
- 1 5 months South America
- 2 Argentina El Calafate to Chilean border - Punta arenas
- 3 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 4 2nd Brazil Visit - Ideas please
- 5 5 days in South America - Brazil or Argentina? (Sao Paolo and Rio excluded)
- 6 Chile Itinerary without Patagonia
- 7 Galapagos travel plan recommendation
- 8 Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
- 9 Family trip to Lima and MP
- 10 Machu Picchu - Hiking boots or Teva sandals?
- 11 Highly recommended taxi driver in the Sacred Valley of Peru
- 12 Patagonia Itinerary
- 13 Back to South America
- 14 South America in July
- 15 Might Chile's reciprocity fee disappear in 2014?
- 16 Brazil Help!
- 17 Driving from Bariloche to Chile
- 18 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 19 Chile: Pucon car rental pick-up and return Santiago
- 20 Car Rental in Chile
- 21 Peru For less travel agent
- 22 Peru Itinerary
- 23 Inca trail - can I do this myself?
- 24 Travel Between Buenos Aires Airports
- 25 Rio without sun. Need advice.