My husband and I would like to experience the bar scene of locals in the Lapa area. Many posts on many boards note the danger of walking around Rio at night, particularly in Lapa. We would like to go to a couple of clubs, see the locals samba and enjoy the local musicians . Can anyone recommend a guide (small group or private ) for a 2-3 hour night out (We're in town Monday-Saturday am). I am assuming that Friday night would be more lively than Monday-Thursday, yes?
Rio Bar Hopping for Chickens
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 argentina & brazil
- 4 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 5 Brazilian music
- 6 Christmas in Cusco
- 7 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 8 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 9 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 12 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 13 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 14 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 15 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 18 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 19 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 20 Private sightseeing
- 21 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 22 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 23 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 24 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 25 private sightseeing