My husband and I would like to experience the bar scene of locals in the Lapa area. Many posts on many boards note the danger of walking around Rio at night, particularly in Lapa. We would like to go to a couple of clubs, see the locals samba and enjoy the local musicians . Can anyone recommend a guide (small group or private ) for a 2-3 hour night out (We're in town Monday-Saturday am). I am assuming that Friday night would be more lively than Monday-Thursday, yes?
Rio Bar Hopping for Chickens
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 2 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 3 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 4 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 5 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 6 Back to South America
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 10 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 11 JW Marriott Lima
- 12 Trip Report - Very Long
- 13 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 14 Quito recommendations
- 15 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 16 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 17 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 18 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 22 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 23 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 24 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 25 Salta itinerary- 4 nights