My husband and I would like to experience the bar scene of locals in the Lapa area. Many posts on many boards note the danger of walking around Rio at night, particularly in Lapa. We would like to go to a couple of clubs, see the locals samba and enjoy the local musicians . Can anyone recommend a guide (small group or private ) for a 2-3 hour night out (We're in town Monday-Saturday am). I am assuming that Friday night would be more lively than Monday-Thursday, yes?
Rio Bar Hopping for Chickens
- 1 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 2 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 3 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 4 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 5 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 6 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 7 Back to South America
- 8 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 9 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 10 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 11 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 12 Vaya Adventures
- 13 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 14 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 15 Flights on LAN
- 16 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 17 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 21 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 22 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 23 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 24 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 25 Perito Moreno mini walk