My friend and I will be travelling to Rio in June. We are two young women and want to be safe but also see some less touristy areas and enjoy traditional food. We aren't sure exactly where we are staying but will stick to somewhere on the subway route as other commenters said it was the most convenient and safe We are planning to go to Ipanema beach, Sugar Loaf Mountain, and the art museums. Is Lapa safe to go out at night? It sounds very fun but some commenters say it is not safe and some recommend sticking to the main streets. We are more worried about violence than petty theft. Do any locals or travellers have restaurant recommendations? Or any neighbourhoods that have fun things to do and see that are under the radar?
Marika and Alanna
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4choice.com/testo-rampage/
- 2 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 3 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 6 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 7 Argentina vs Chile
- 8 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 9 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 10 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 11 Avianca business class
- 12 Planning Argentina Trip
- 13 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 14 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Feria de las flores
- 17 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 18 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 comments
- 21 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 22 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 23 Huacachina, Peru
- 24 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 25 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro