My friend and I will be travelling to Rio in June. We are two young women and want to be safe but also see some less touristy areas and enjoy traditional food. We aren't sure exactly where we are staying but will stick to somewhere on the subway route as other commenters said it was the most convenient and safe We are planning to go to Ipanema beach, Sugar Loaf Mountain, and the art museums. Is Lapa safe to go out at night? It sounds very fun but some commenters say it is not safe and some recommend sticking to the main streets. We are more worried about violence than petty theft. Do any locals or travellers have restaurant recommendations? Or any neighbourhoods that have fun things to do and see that are under the radar?
Marika and Alanna
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help:HOTMAIL CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999:8045 Recover Account Technical SUPP0RT R*J
- 2 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 3 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 4 How many days in Medellin area?
- 5 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 6 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 7 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 8 Finding a group to hike with
- 9 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 10 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 11 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 12 Galapagus July
- 13 The Atacama Desert
- 14 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 15 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 16 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 17 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 18 Pisco sours
- 19 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 20 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 21 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 22 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 23 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 24 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 25 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary