My husband and I are heading to SA in September for 12 days. We have been researching itineraries and would like to see the traditional 3 - Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio. There seems to be a wide difference in the price for internal flights. 3 agents we have contacted appear to have similar itineraries with a wide range of pricing for a great deal of "free time." When we traveled in Peru we used a local agent but are having a challenge finding a trusted person in Argentina or Brazil. I have heard from 2 friends that the person who guided them on a side trip tried to charge them more money when they were dropped off at their hotels. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone you have used that can assist us with a trip? My husband has mobility issues with his ankles so he will not be able to wander the towns for long or enjoy hiking at the falls. But he is always good sipping a beer while I head out and take pictures to share with him. We may need to arrange private touring at the falls so he can still take in the beauty of the area. Thank you for your thoughts.
Recommendations for Argentina and Chile
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 2 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 6 8 Days in Peru
- 7 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 8 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 9 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 10 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 11 Transportation in Ecuador
- 12 NW of Argentina
- 13 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 14 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 15 Ten days in Ecuador
- 16 amazon jungle trips
- 17 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 18 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 19 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 20 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 21 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 22 Peru versus Bolivia
- 23 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 24 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 25 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)