My husband and I are heading to SA in September for 12 days. We have been researching itineraries and would like to see the traditional 3 - Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio. There seems to be a wide difference in the price for internal flights. 3 agents we have contacted appear to have similar itineraries with a wide range of pricing for a great deal of "free time." When we traveled in Peru we used a local agent but are having a challenge finding a trusted person in Argentina or Brazil. I have heard from 2 friends that the person who guided them on a side trip tried to charge them more money when they were dropped off at their hotels. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone you have used that can assist us with a trip? My husband has mobility issues with his ankles so he will not be able to wander the towns for long or enjoy hiking at the falls. But he is always good sipping a beer while I head out and take pictures to share with him. We may need to arrange private touring at the falls so he can still take in the beauty of the area. Thank you for your thoughts.
Recommendations for Argentina and Chile
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 2 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 3 Ecuador - should we go?
- 4 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 5 Santiago 2 days
- 6 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 7 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 8 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 9 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 10 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 11 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 12 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 13 Lodge in Pantanal
- 14 Pantanal on your own
- 15 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 17 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 20 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil
- 22 10 Full Days in Peru
- 23 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 24 10 day itinerary questions
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?