My husband and I are heading to SA in September for 12 days. We have been researching itineraries and would like to see the traditional 3 - Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio. There seems to be a wide difference in the price for internal flights. 3 agents we have contacted appear to have similar itineraries with a wide range of pricing for a great deal of "free time." When we traveled in Peru we used a local agent but are having a challenge finding a trusted person in Argentina or Brazil. I have heard from 2 friends that the person who guided them on a side trip tried to charge them more money when they were dropped off at their hotels. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone you have used that can assist us with a trip? My husband has mobility issues with his ankles so he will not be able to wander the towns for long or enjoy hiking at the falls. But he is always good sipping a beer while I head out and take pictures to share with him. We may need to arrange private touring at the falls so he can still take in the beauty of the area. Thank you for your thoughts.
Recommendations for Argentina and Chile
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 2 Quito: Old city or new?
- 3 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 4 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Bogota
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation