Just been advised by SA Explorers Club that the new airport will open on 20 Feb with the first flights due to arrive on 21st. Apparently it is situated approx 20 kms from the centre with transport to the city taking around 1 hour and a taxi costing upwards of $20.
Quito's new airport to finally open
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 2 Birding in Mindo
- 3 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 4 2 weeks in Argentina
- 5 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 6 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 7 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 10 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 11 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!