Staying in Quito for 2 days before our Galapagos trip. Should we stay in old city or new? Our travel guides gave us either Mercure Alameda(new) or Patio Andaluz (old and a bit more expensive so want to be sure it's worth it.) Are all the better restaurants in the new city and walkable, or will we need to hop into taxis anyway? I usually prefer old city ambiance, but am concerned that it dies down very early there and we'll need to do dinners far away.
Quito: Old city or new?
View all South America activity »
- 1 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 2 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 3 Crellston and Others
- 4 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 5 Reflections on our South America trip
- 6 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 7 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 8 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 9 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 10 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 11 8 Days in Brazil
- 12 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 13 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 14 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 15 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 16 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 17 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 18 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 19 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 22 Peru Hop?
- 23 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 24 Uruguay Re-Do
- 25 Montevideo, Uruguay