Staying in Quito for 2 days before our Galapagos trip. Should we stay in old city or new? Our travel guides gave us either Mercure Alameda(new) or Patio Andaluz (old and a bit more expensive so want to be sure it's worth it.) Are all the better restaurants in the new city and walkable, or will we need to hop into taxis anyway? I usually prefer old city ambiance, but am concerned that it dies down very early there and we'll need to do dinners far away.
Quito: Old city or new?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Quito recommendations
- 9 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 10 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 11 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 12 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 15 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 18 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 19 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 20 Ecuador-tour guides
- 21 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 22 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 23 lima airport transport
- 24 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 25 Father Daughter Trip to Peru