Staying in Quito for 2 days before our Galapagos trip. Should we stay in old city or new? Our travel guides gave us either Mercure Alameda(new) or Patio Andaluz (old and a bit more expensive so want to be sure it's worth it.) Are all the better restaurants in the new city and walkable, or will we need to hop into taxis anyway? I usually prefer old city ambiance, but am concerned that it dies down very early there and we'll need to do dinners far away.
Quito: Old city or new?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago 2 days
- 2 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 3 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 4 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 5 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 6 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 7 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 8 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 9 Lodge in Pantanal
- 10 Pantanal on your own
- 11 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 12 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 13 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 14 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 15 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 16 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 17 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 18 Cell phone in Brazil
- 19 10 Full Days in Peru
- 20 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 21 10 day itinerary questions
- 22 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 23 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 24 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 25 ATM San Pedro de Atacama