We are going to bus into Puerto Maldonado from Cusco toward the end of July (flying out to Lima then on to Iguassu Falls, Brazil). Our kids (7 and 9) love wildlife but wouldn't hike more than an hour (slowly!). We're thinking of staying at one of the lodges at the outskirts of town versus one of the river lodges two to four hours away. Any thoughts or suggestions based on your experiences? Thanks!
Puerto Maldonado with kids
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 argentina & brazil
- 4 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 5 Brazilian music
- 6 Christmas in Cusco
- 7 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 8 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 9 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 12 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 13 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 14 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 15 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 18 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 19 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 20 Private sightseeing
- 21 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 22 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 23 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 24 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 25 private sightseeing