We are going to bus into Puerto Maldonado from Cusco toward the end of July (flying out to Lima then on to Iguassu Falls, Brazil). Our kids (7 and 9) love wildlife but wouldn't hike more than an hour (slowly!). We're thinking of staying at one of the lodges at the outskirts of town versus one of the river lodges two to four hours away. Any thoughts or suggestions based on your experiences? Thanks!
Puerto Maldonado with kids
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 5 WWYD-time in Lima
- 6 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 7 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 8 Argentina Holiday Help
- 9 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 10 argentina & brazil
- 11 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 12 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 13 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 14 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 15 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 16 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 17 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 18 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 19 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 2 wks in Colombia
- 22 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 23 Buenos Aries
- 24 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 25 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy