We are going to bus into Puerto Maldonado from Cusco toward the end of July (flying out to Lima then on to Iguassu Falls, Brazil). Our kids (7 and 9) love wildlife but wouldn't hike more than an hour (slowly!). We're thinking of staying at one of the lodges at the outskirts of town versus one of the river lodges two to four hours away. Any thoughts or suggestions based on your experiences? Thanks!
Puerto Maldonado with kids
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 2 1 day in Rio
- 3 Currency Woes
- 4 driving to salvador
- 5 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 6 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 7 Just a week!
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 10 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 11 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 12 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 13 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 14 Quito trip
- 15 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 16 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 17 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 18 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 19 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 20 Solo female travelling around South America
- 21 Bariloche car rental
- 22 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 23 Galapagos Islands
- 24 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 25 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!