I will be travelling to Peru in June of this year for 5 weeks and am looking forward to exploring the amazon! I am just conflicted on whether to wait till last minute to book anything, or if I should purchase my amazon trip ahead of time. Also, I am wondering what city I should start this amazon experience in. My husband travelled to Iquitos a handful of years back and went with Amazonia Expeditions and loved it, however I am doing this trip on a shoe string.
Anyone of suggestions on what companies/lodges to go with, and if its a good idea to wait till I'm in either of these cities to book my tour!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Atm & credit card use in Peru
- 2 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 3 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 4 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 5 Getting thru airport security Buenos Aires
- 6 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 7 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 8 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 9 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 10 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 11 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 12 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 13 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 14 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 15 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 16 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 17 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 18 Sixty days in Colombia
- 19 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 20 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 21 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 22 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 23 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 24 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?