I will be travelling to Peru in June of this year for 5 weeks and am looking forward to exploring the amazon! I am just conflicted on whether to wait till last minute to book anything, or if I should purchase my amazon trip ahead of time. Also, I am wondering what city I should start this amazon experience in. My husband travelled to Iquitos a handful of years back and went with Amazonia Expeditions and loved it, however I am doing this trip on a shoe string.
Anyone of suggestions on what companies/lodges to go with, and if its a good idea to wait till I'm in either of these cities to book my tour!
Puerto Maldonado or Iquitos for amazon tour!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 2 Ecuador Guide Book
- 3 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 4 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 5 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 6 Money in Buenos Aires
- 7 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 8 Solo female travelling around South America
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 11 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 12 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 13 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 14 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 15 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 16 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 17 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 18 Quito: Old city or new?
- 19 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 20 Bogota
- 21 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 22 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 24 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 25 4 weeks in Chile