I will be travelling to Peru in June of this year for 5 weeks and am looking forward to exploring the amazon! I am just conflicted on whether to wait till last minute to book anything, or if I should purchase my amazon trip ahead of time. Also, I am wondering what city I should start this amazon experience in. My husband travelled to Iquitos a handful of years back and went with Amazonia Expeditions and loved it, however I am doing this trip on a shoe string.
Anyone of suggestions on what companies/lodges to go with, and if its a good idea to wait till I'm in either of these cities to book my tour!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Rainbow mountain trek
- 4 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 5 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 6 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 7 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 8 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 9 Iquitos
- 10 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 11 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 12 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 13 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 14 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 15 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 16 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 17 Bariloche car rental
- 18 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 19 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 20 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?
- 21 Is the Seno Otway Penguin Reserve Currently Open?
- 22 Any Sights en Route from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales to TdP?
- 23 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 24 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 25 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia