Having just recently returned to NYC from a 2-week vacation in Brazil (October 2009), including a 3 night/3 day stop in Rio, my boyfriend and I were thrilled to have found private tour guide Emanuel (Manu) Peclat. I wasn’t originally looking for a private tour guide for Rio, but stumbled upon positive reviews about Manu in the frommers.com and tripadvisor.com forums and thought I would reach out to him. Manu was quick to respond to my inquiry and answer all my questions and was flexible to arrange a tour that met our needs for a price that was more than fair. From the moment he picked us up at the airport, we never had to worry about our safety or our itinerary. He stayed with us around the clock showing us the sites and sounds of Rio from the main tourist sites, to off the beaten path restaurants and locations. He is a certified tour guide, speaks fluent English, Spanish and Portuguese, was friendly, funny and went above and beyond to make sure our trip to Rio would provide us with a lifetime of wonderful memories. We now have a friend in Rio. Check out his blog at http://cariocawayoflife.blogspot.com/. He can also be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.
Private Tour Guide Rio Recommendation
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 4 2 wks in Colombia
- 5 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 6 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 7 iguaza falls
- 8 Argentina Holiday Help
- 9 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 10 Buenos Aries
- 11 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 12 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 13 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 14 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 15 cheap flights to paraguay
- 16 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 17 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 18 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 19 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 20 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 21 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 22 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 23 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 24 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?
- 25 Low Altitude airports in Bolivia