Having just recently returned to NYC from a 2-week vacation in Brazil (October 2009), including a 3 night/3 day stop in Rio, my boyfriend and I were thrilled to have found private tour guide Emanuel (Manu) Peclat. I wasn’t originally looking for a private tour guide for Rio, but stumbled upon positive reviews about Manu in the frommers.com and tripadvisor.com forums and thought I would reach out to him. Manu was quick to respond to my inquiry and answer all my questions and was flexible to arrange a tour that met our needs for a price that was more than fair. From the moment he picked us up at the airport, we never had to worry about our safety or our itinerary. He stayed with us around the clock showing us the sites and sounds of Rio from the main tourist sites, to off the beaten path restaurants and locations. He is a certified tour guide, speaks fluent English, Spanish and Portuguese, was friendly, funny and went above and beyond to make sure our trip to Rio would provide us with a lifetime of wonderful memories. We now have a friend in Rio. Check out his blog at http://cariocawayoflife.blogspot.com/. He can also be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.
Private Tour Guide Rio Recommendation
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Bogota
- 3 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 4 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 5 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 6 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 7 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 8 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 9 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 10 4 weeks in Chile
- 11 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 12 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 13 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 14 Para Ti, Brazil
- 15 Advice needed for Colombia
- 16 Chile and Argentina
- 17 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 18 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 19 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 20 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 21 El valle de Elquí
- 22 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 23 Columbia Questions
- 24 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 25 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?