My husband and I will be celebrating our first year anniversary next year and we're planning to go to Argentina, one of our dream destinations. We only have about 15 days (including flight times). Please help us with our itinerary!
When: January 2015
Who we are: Married couple, early 30s, loves stunning landscapes and sceneries, wildlife, not much into nightlife and shopping. Relatively fit (meaning can hike/trek, but we're not mountaineers). Don't mind long bus trips/flights.
Our main target is the Patagonia, for the landscape and wildlife. Here's my proposed itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Buenos Aires from Miami
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Day 3: Buenos Aires to El Calafate (flight)
Day 4: Trek to Perito Moreno glacier
Day 5: El Calafate to El Chalten (bus)
Day 6: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 7: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 8: El Chalten to Puerto Madryn (night bus)
Day 9: Arrive Puerto Madryn
Day 10: Puerto Madryn (penguins!)
Day 11: Puerto Madryn (sea lions!)
Day 12: Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires (flight)
Day 13: Buenos Aires
Day 14: Flight back home
Day 15: Arrive home
Does my itinerary sound doable? I know we're allotting little time in Buenos Aires, but since our main target is Patagonia, I think that sounds just enough timeAlso, is it better to go to El Calafate first and leave Puerto Madryn last, or the other way around, or no difference? . Wish we could do Iguazu falls too, but I don't think there's any way to fit it in the itinerary anymore. Wish we could to Torres del Paine and Ushuaia but again, there's just no time.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 3 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 4 Bariloche rafting trips
- 5 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 6 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 7 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 8 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 9 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 10 Safety warning?
- 11 Iguazu falls logistics
- 12 Packing for Chile in November
- 13 Lima stopover
- 14 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 15 Amazon side trip
- 16 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 17 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 18 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 19 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 20 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 21 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 22 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 23 Santiago - where to stay?
- 24 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 25 Tour guide/ agency
Pls help with itinerary! 15 days Argentina (BA and Patagonia)