My husband and I will be celebrating our first year anniversary next year and we're planning to go to Argentina, one of our dream destinations. We only have about 15 days (including flight times). Please help us with our itinerary!
When: January 2015
Who we are: Married couple, early 30s, loves stunning landscapes and sceneries, wildlife, not much into nightlife and shopping. Relatively fit (meaning can hike/trek, but we're not mountaineers). Don't mind long bus trips/flights.
Our main target is the Patagonia, for the landscape and wildlife. Here's my proposed itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Buenos Aires from Miami
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Day 3: Buenos Aires to El Calafate (flight)
Day 4: Trek to Perito Moreno glacier
Day 5: El Calafate to El Chalten (bus)
Day 6: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 7: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 8: El Chalten to Puerto Madryn (night bus)
Day 9: Arrive Puerto Madryn
Day 10: Puerto Madryn (penguins!)
Day 11: Puerto Madryn (sea lions!)
Day 12: Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires (flight)
Day 13: Buenos Aires
Day 14: Flight back home
Day 15: Arrive home
Does my itinerary sound doable? I know we're allotting little time in Buenos Aires, but since our main target is Patagonia, I think that sounds just enough timeAlso, is it better to go to El Calafate first and leave Puerto Madryn last, or the other way around, or no difference? . Wish we could do Iguazu falls too, but I don't think there's any way to fit it in the itinerary anymore. Wish we could to Torres del Paine and Ushuaia but again, there's just no time.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 2 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 3 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 4 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 5 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 6 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 7 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 8 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 9 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 10 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 11 Santiago, Chile
- 12 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 13 limited time in Cusco
- 14 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 15 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 16 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 17 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 18 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 19 Back "home" in Barranco
- 20 Day trips from Montevideo
- 21 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 22 2 weeks in Colombia
- 23 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 24 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 25 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
Pls help with itinerary! 15 days Argentina (BA and Patagonia)