My husband and I will be celebrating our first year anniversary next year and we're planning to go to Argentina, one of our dream destinations. We only have about 15 days (including flight times). Please help us with our itinerary!
When: January 2015
Who we are: Married couple, early 30s, loves stunning landscapes and sceneries, wildlife, not much into nightlife and shopping. Relatively fit (meaning can hike/trek, but we're not mountaineers). Don't mind long bus trips/flights.
Our main target is the Patagonia, for the landscape and wildlife. Here's my proposed itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Buenos Aires from Miami
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Day 3: Buenos Aires to El Calafate (flight)
Day 4: Trek to Perito Moreno glacier
Day 5: El Calafate to El Chalten (bus)
Day 6: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 7: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 8: El Chalten to Puerto Madryn (night bus)
Day 9: Arrive Puerto Madryn
Day 10: Puerto Madryn (penguins!)
Day 11: Puerto Madryn (sea lions!)
Day 12: Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires (flight)
Day 13: Buenos Aires
Day 14: Flight back home
Day 15: Arrive home
Does my itinerary sound doable? I know we're allotting little time in Buenos Aires, but since our main target is Patagonia, I think that sounds just enough timeAlso, is it better to go to El Calafate first and leave Puerto Madryn last, or the other way around, or no difference? . Wish we could do Iguazu falls too, but I don't think there's any way to fit it in the itinerary anymore. Wish we could to Torres del Paine and Ushuaia but again, there's just no time.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 salkantay trek
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 4 Rainbow mountain trek
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 7 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 8 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 9 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 10 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
Pls help with itinerary! 15 days Argentina (BA and Patagonia)