My husband and I will be celebrating our first year anniversary next year and we're planning to go to Argentina, one of our dream destinations. We only have about 15 days (including flight times). Please help us with our itinerary!
When: January 2015
Who we are: Married couple, early 30s, loves stunning landscapes and sceneries, wildlife, not much into nightlife and shopping. Relatively fit (meaning can hike/trek, but we're not mountaineers). Don't mind long bus trips/flights.
Our main target is the Patagonia, for the landscape and wildlife. Here's my proposed itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Buenos Aires from Miami
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Day 3: Buenos Aires to El Calafate (flight)
Day 4: Trek to Perito Moreno glacier
Day 5: El Calafate to El Chalten (bus)
Day 6: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 7: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 8: El Chalten to Puerto Madryn (night bus)
Day 9: Arrive Puerto Madryn
Day 10: Puerto Madryn (penguins!)
Day 11: Puerto Madryn (sea lions!)
Day 12: Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires (flight)
Day 13: Buenos Aires
Day 14: Flight back home
Day 15: Arrive home
Does my itinerary sound doable? I know we're allotting little time in Buenos Aires, but since our main target is Patagonia, I think that sounds just enough timeAlso, is it better to go to El Calafate first and leave Puerto Madryn last, or the other way around, or no difference? . Wish we could do Iguazu falls too, but I don't think there's any way to fit it in the itinerary anymore. Wish we could to Torres del Paine and Ushuaia but again, there's just no time.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 2 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 3 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 4 El Calafate excursions
- 5 Ecuador earthquake
- 6 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 7 Peru & Ecuador
- 8 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 9 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 10 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 11 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 12 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 13 Stray Dogs?
- 14 Salkantay trek
- 15 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 16 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 17 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 18 Enrico Poli Collection
- 19 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 20 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 21 10 Week South America Trip
- 22 Patagonia in September/October
- 23 10 days in Chile
- 24 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 25 Amazon tours
Pls help with itinerary! 15 days Argentina (BA and Patagonia)