My husband and I will be celebrating our first year anniversary next year and we're planning to go to Argentina, one of our dream destinations. We only have about 15 days (including flight times). Please help us with our itinerary!
When: January 2015
Who we are: Married couple, early 30s, loves stunning landscapes and sceneries, wildlife, not much into nightlife and shopping. Relatively fit (meaning can hike/trek, but we're not mountaineers). Don't mind long bus trips/flights.
Our main target is the Patagonia, for the landscape and wildlife. Here's my proposed itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Buenos Aires from Miami
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Day 3: Buenos Aires to El Calafate (flight)
Day 4: Trek to Perito Moreno glacier
Day 5: El Calafate to El Chalten (bus)
Day 6: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 7: El Chalten (day trip hike)
Day 8: El Chalten to Puerto Madryn (night bus)
Day 9: Arrive Puerto Madryn
Day 10: Puerto Madryn (penguins!)
Day 11: Puerto Madryn (sea lions!)
Day 12: Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires (flight)
Day 13: Buenos Aires
Day 14: Flight back home
Day 15: Arrive home
Does my itinerary sound doable? I know we're allotting little time in Buenos Aires, but since our main target is Patagonia, I think that sounds just enough timeAlso, is it better to go to El Calafate first and leave Puerto Madryn last, or the other way around, or no difference? . Wish we could do Iguazu falls too, but I don't think there's any way to fit it in the itinerary anymore. Wish we could to Torres del Paine and Ushuaia but again, there's just no time.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brasilia, So. Pantanal & Bonito
- 2 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 3 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 4 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 5 Travel to Bolivia
- 6 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 9 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 10 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 11 Brazil. Reading lists
- 12 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 13 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 14 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 15 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 16 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 18 Cajamarca
- 19 Choquequirao Questions
- 20 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 21 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 22 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 23 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 24 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 25 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
Pls help with itinerary! 15 days Argentina (BA and Patagonia)