I am getting ready to book my flights and hotels. I received some great advice so far, but I still have a few questions. Please review and let me know your suggestions.
May 24th My husband and I are flying into Lima after work and arriving late. We will take a taxi straight to our hotel -Hotel Estelar Miraflores.
May 25th (1) Lima with my husband's family
May 26th (2) Lima with my husband's family
May 27th (3) Lima with my husband's family
May 28th (4) We will get up early and take a 5:00 AM flight to Cusco- transfer by taxi from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (I heard staying here is better for altitude sickness than staying in Cusco first) Depending on how we feel, we will spend the day touring the ruins in Pisac and stop at the market. We also need a hotel recommendation. We do not want to stay in a hostel, but would be looking for a hotel around $100 per night.
May 29th (5) Staying in Ollantaytambo - Spend the day touring Maras/moray,salineras and Chincero. How far are these from Ollantaytambo, does this make sense?
Am I missing anything important in Ollantaytambo?
May 30th (6) Early train to Machu Picchu - spend the day there and then the train back to Ollantaytambo for the night (this way we can leave our luggage at the hotel and not trek to Cusco after a long day in Machu Pichhu).
May 31st (7) Take an early morning taxi from Ollantaytambo to Cusco - What is a good itinerary for 3 days in Cusco? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Is 3 days too long? If so, what is an alternative?
We also need a hotel still for Cusco. We do not want to stay in a hostel, but would be looking for a hotel around $100 per night. We were looking at Terra Andina Hotel. Has anyone stayed here?
June 1st (8) Cusco
June 2nd (9) Cusco
June 3rd Fly back early from Cusco to Miami
Thank you in advance for your help!
Please help Lima/Ollantaytambo/Machu Piccu/ Cusco Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 2 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 3 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 4 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 7 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 8 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 9 For Neoptropical Birders
- 10 Columbia Questions
- 11 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 12 1st South American adventure
- 13 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 14 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 15 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 16 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 17 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 18 flights and hotels
- 19 Driver, Mendoza
- 20 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 21 amazon jungle trips
- 22 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 23 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 24 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 25 Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???