We would be visiting Peru for the first time in May. We have 8 nights all together, and are planning to go to Amazon for 3 nights and Cusco / MP for 4 nights.
Our proposed itinerary is:
Day 1 (Friday) : Fly from NA to Lima; overnight at Ramada airport
Day 2(Saturday): Fly to Puerto Maldonado; transfer to a lodge
Day 3(Sunday) : Amazon tour
Day 4 (Monday): Amazon tour
Day 5 (Tuesday): Fly from Puerto Maldonado to Cusco
Transfer to Sacred Valley (Urubamba ) hotel
Day 6 (Wednesday): Sacred Valley tour - on the way we have to move our
luggage to our future Cusco hotel and then drive to the train
to Aquas Caliente; sleep in Aquas Caliente
Day 7 (Thursday): MP; take train in the evening to Cusco
Day 8 (Friday) : Tour Cusco and area; sleep in Cusco
Day 9 (Saturday): Fly to Lima; tour Lima; Fly home
It looks to me that we will be driving around a lot on day 6; also, I understand that Pisac market is on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday - so we will miss it.
The other option is:
Day 5: sleep in Cusco
Day 6: Tour Cusco and area; sleep in Cusco
Day 7: Sacred Valley toutr and Pisac, afternoon train to Aquas Caliente, sleep in AC.
Day 8: MP tour, late train to Cusco; sleep in Cusco
Day 9: Fly to Lima / tour / fly home
Which option is better? First option will allow to better altitude adjustment, but more driving around; second will allow us more time to see things, but can be more difficult to adjust to altitude.
We are in our mid 60's fairly fit.
Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Please advise on 4 nights Sacred Valley / MP itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 2 1st Time Trip to Peru - Please Comment on Our Itenerary
- 3 aerolineas airlines impossible to work with
- 4 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 5 Surfing in Lima
- 6 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 7 Amaszonas is adding new Destinations
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 Argentina vs Chile
- 10 Peru- how much pre-reserving/pre-planning?
- 11 Travel agents/agency for South America travel
- 12 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 13 Machu pichu, anybody know where to find route
- 14 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 15 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 16 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 17 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Christmas in Cusco
- 20 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 transportation in Brazil
- 23 Patagonia Chile
- 24 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 25 Easter Island flight delays?