We would be visiting Peru for the first time in May. We have 8 nights all together, and are planning to go to Amazon for 3 nights and Cusco / MP for 4 nights.
Our proposed itinerary is:
Day 1 (Friday) : Fly from NA to Lima; overnight at Ramada airport
Day 2(Saturday): Fly to Puerto Maldonado; transfer to a lodge
Day 3(Sunday) : Amazon tour
Day 4 (Monday): Amazon tour
Day 5 (Tuesday): Fly from Puerto Maldonado to Cusco
Transfer to Sacred Valley (Urubamba ) hotel
Day 6 (Wednesday): Sacred Valley tour - on the way we have to move our
luggage to our future Cusco hotel and then drive to the train
to Aquas Caliente; sleep in Aquas Caliente
Day 7 (Thursday): MP; take train in the evening to Cusco
Day 8 (Friday) : Tour Cusco and area; sleep in Cusco
Day 9 (Saturday): Fly to Lima; tour Lima; Fly home
It looks to me that we will be driving around a lot on day 6; also, I understand that Pisac market is on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday - so we will miss it.
The other option is:
Day 5: sleep in Cusco
Day 6: Tour Cusco and area; sleep in Cusco
Day 7: Sacred Valley toutr and Pisac, afternoon train to Aquas Caliente, sleep in AC.
Day 8: MP tour, late train to Cusco; sleep in Cusco
Day 9: Fly to Lima / tour / fly home
Which option is better? First option will allow to better altitude adjustment, but more driving around; second will allow us more time to see things, but can be more difficult to adjust to altitude.
We are in our mid 60's fairly fit.
Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Please advise on 4 nights Sacred Valley / MP itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 2 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 5 Easter Island flight delays?
- 6 argentina & brazil
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 9 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 10 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 11 Brazilian music
- 12 Christmas in Cusco
- 13 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 14 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 15 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 16 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 17 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 18 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 19 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 20 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 21 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 22 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 23 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 24 Private sightseeing
- 25 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!