We would be visiting Peru for the first time in May. We have 8 nights all together, and are planning to go to Amazon for 3 nights and Cusco / MP for 4 nights.
Our proposed itinerary is:
Day 1 (Friday) : Fly from NA to Lima; overnight at Ramada airport
Day 2(Saturday): Fly to Puerto Maldonado; transfer to a lodge
Day 3(Sunday) : Amazon tour
Day 4 (Monday): Amazon tour
Day 5 (Tuesday): Fly from Puerto Maldonado to Cusco
Transfer to Sacred Valley (Urubamba ) hotel
Day 6 (Wednesday): Sacred Valley tour - on the way we have to move our
luggage to our future Cusco hotel and then drive to the train
to Aquas Caliente; sleep in Aquas Caliente
Day 7 (Thursday): MP; take train in the evening to Cusco
Day 8 (Friday) : Tour Cusco and area; sleep in Cusco
Day 9 (Saturday): Fly to Lima; tour Lima; Fly home
It looks to me that we will be driving around a lot on day 6; also, I understand that Pisac market is on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday - so we will miss it.
The other option is:
Day 5: sleep in Cusco
Day 6: Tour Cusco and area; sleep in Cusco
Day 7: Sacred Valley toutr and Pisac, afternoon train to Aquas Caliente, sleep in AC.
Day 8: MP tour, late train to Cusco; sleep in Cusco
Day 9: Fly to Lima / tour / fly home
Which option is better? First option will allow to better altitude adjustment, but more driving around; second will allow us more time to see things, but can be more difficult to adjust to altitude.
We are in our mid 60's fairly fit.
Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/lumabelle-skin-cream/
- 2 Need travel buddy for Buenos Aires from Sept 29 to Oct 29
- 3 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 4 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 5 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 6 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 7 Brazil
- 8 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 9 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 10 Peru Trip for the Family
- 11 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 12 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 13 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 14 1.5 days in Rio
- 15 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 16 Galapagos tours
- 17 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 18 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 19 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 20 2 weeks trip
- 21 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 22 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 23 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 24 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 25 WEBJET