I am planning a trip to Ecuador (non-Galapagos) in late April and early May starting in Quito and ending in Cuenca. We hope to take day trips into the national parks for birding and wildlife spotting. I am concerned about the weather which I understand will be rainy almost every day with fog. I am not so worried about the cities because we are lovers of churches and museums and can stay dry. But how slippery and muddy will it be in the parks? Will cameras, glasses and shoes get impossibly wet in the parks. Also I am assuming that we can pick up day trips to the parks in the cities when we get there. Is that correct? I will be looking for easy walks, I hesitate to call them hikes. We will go to Otalvo and Mindo. We are active, well-traveled seniors but not athletes. We will travel primarily by bus.
Planning for the Weather in Ecuador in April/May for Two Seniors
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,etc
- 2 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 3 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 6 Peru Escorted Travel
- 7 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 8 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 9 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 10 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 11 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 12 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 13 2 weeks in Argentina
- 14 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 15 Back to South America
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 18 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 19 JW Marriott Lima
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Quito recommendations
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!