I am planning a trip to Ecuador (non-Galapagos) in late April and early May starting in Quito and ending in Cuenca. We hope to take day trips into the national parks for birding and wildlife spotting. I am concerned about the weather which I understand will be rainy almost every day with fog. I am not so worried about the cities because we are lovers of churches and museums and can stay dry. But how slippery and muddy will it be in the parks? Will cameras, glasses and shoes get impossibly wet in the parks. Also I am assuming that we can pick up day trips to the parks in the cities when we get there. Is that correct? I will be looking for easy walks, I hesitate to call them hikes. We will go to Otalvo and Mindo. We are active, well-traveled seniors but not athletes. We will travel primarily by bus.
Planning for the Weather in Ecuador in April/May for Two Seniors
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report
- 2 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 3 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 4 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 7 1st South American adventure
- 8 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 9 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 10 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 11 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 12 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 13 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 14 For Neoptropical Birders
- 15 Columbia Questions
- 16 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 17 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 18 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 19 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 20 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 21 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 22 flights and hotels
- 23 Driver, Mendoza
- 24 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 25 amazon jungle trips