I am planning a trip to Ecuador (non-Galapagos) in late April and early May starting in Quito and ending in Cuenca. We hope to take day trips into the national parks for birding and wildlife spotting. I am concerned about the weather which I understand will be rainy almost every day with fog. I am not so worried about the cities because we are lovers of churches and museums and can stay dry. But how slippery and muddy will it be in the parks? Will cameras, glasses and shoes get impossibly wet in the parks. Also I am assuming that we can pick up day trips to the parks in the cities when we get there. Is that correct? I will be looking for easy walks, I hesitate to call them hikes. We will go to Otalvo and Mindo. We are active, well-traveled seniors but not athletes. We will travel primarily by bus.
Planning for the Weather in Ecuador in April/May for Two Seniors
- 1 Vaya Adventures
- 2 Best places to visit in Brazil
- 3 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 4 Brazil World Cup
- 5 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 6 travel to iguazu?
- 7 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 8 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 9 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 12 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 13 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 14 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 15 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 16 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 17 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 18 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 19 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 20 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 21 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 22 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 23 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 24 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 25 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????