I am planning a trip to Ecuador (non-Galapagos) in late April and early May starting in Quito and ending in Cuenca. We hope to take day trips into the national parks for birding and wildlife spotting. I am concerned about the weather which I understand will be rainy almost every day with fog. I am not so worried about the cities because we are lovers of churches and museums and can stay dry. But how slippery and muddy will it be in the parks? Will cameras, glasses and shoes get impossibly wet in the parks. Also I am assuming that we can pick up day trips to the parks in the cities when we get there. Is that correct? I will be looking for easy walks, I hesitate to call them hikes. We will go to Otalvo and Mindo. We are active, well-traveled seniors but not athletes. We will travel primarily by bus.
Planning for the Weather in Ecuador in April/May for Two Seniors
View all South America activity »
- 1 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 2 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 3 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 4 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 5 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 6 8 Days in Brazil
- 7 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 8 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 9 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 10 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 11 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 12 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 13 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 14 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 15 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 16 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 17 Peru Hop?
- 18 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas