I am planning a big trip in South America with my boyfriend. As I have never planned anything like that before, I would be greatful for some help.
I am not entirely sure where and how to start??
I live in the Uk, so I would depart from here. The budget is up to £3000/person
The itenary would be:
Quito where we planning to go to the jungle than to Lima, see Macchu Picchu, from there we would like to go to La Plaz,maybe Argentina a bit - Buenos Aires -, Iguasu Falls, Rio... If anyone have better ideas, I am open for everything and anything.
My main concerns are:
1. Is it safe to do a self-organised trip over there? I have read a couple of forums here and seems that quiet a few of you have had a trip there before and it seems to be safe... But I am just not sure.
2. How do I do accommodation? Do you know any websites I could try? Or do I go by Lonely Planet?
3. Does anyone could give me a price? Like how much would it cost with all trips and accommodation and everything? Or just ideas? I also know that we need some medicines, vaccination, visas...
4. I have millions of question but my main one is... How and where should I start?
Thanks for all your comments, I am really greatful for any help. That is my dream since I was young (not like I am old now...) and I am finally doing in... Just difficult to start
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 2 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 3 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 4 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 5 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 6 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 7 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 8 Rainbow mountain trek
- 9 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 10 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 11 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 12 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 13 Iquitos
- 14 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 15 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 16 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 17 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 18 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 19 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 20 Bariloche car rental
- 21 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 22 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 23 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?
- 24 Is the Seno Otway Penguin Reserve Currently Open?
- 25 Any Sights en Route from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales to TdP?