I am planning a big trip in South America with my boyfriend. As I have never planned anything like that before, I would be greatful for some help.
I am not entirely sure where and how to start??
I live in the Uk, so I would depart from here. The budget is up to £3000/person
The itenary would be:
Quito where we planning to go to the jungle than to Lima, see Macchu Picchu, from there we would like to go to La Plaz,maybe Argentina a bit - Buenos Aires -, Iguasu Falls, Rio... If anyone have better ideas, I am open for everything and anything.
My main concerns are:
1. Is it safe to do a self-organised trip over there? I have read a couple of forums here and seems that quiet a few of you have had a trip there before and it seems to be safe... But I am just not sure.
2. How do I do accommodation? Do you know any websites I could try? Or do I go by Lonely Planet?
3. Does anyone could give me a price? Like how much would it cost with all trips and accommodation and everything? Or just ideas? I also know that we need some medicines, vaccination, visas...
4. I have millions of question but my main one is... How and where should I start?
Thanks for all your comments, I am really greatful for any help. That is my dream since I was young (not like I am old now...) and I am finally doing in... Just difficult to start
Planning a 3 months South America trip in May, 2014.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 2 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 3 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 4 1 day in Rio
- 5 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 6 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 7 Solo female travelling around South America
- 8 Bariloche car rental
- 9 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 10 Galapagos Islands
- 11 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 12 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 13 Day trip to Paracas
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Peru trip
- 16 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 17 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 18 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 21 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 22 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 23 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca
- 24 Peru: Machu Picchu Cusco itinerary help
- 25 Need help with planning a six-week trip?