I am planning a big trip in South America with my boyfriend. As I have never planned anything like that before, I would be greatful for some help.
I am not entirely sure where and how to start??
I live in the Uk, so I would depart from here. The budget is up to £3000/person
The itenary would be:
Quito where we planning to go to the jungle than to Lima, see Macchu Picchu, from there we would like to go to La Plaz,maybe Argentina a bit - Buenos Aires -, Iguasu Falls, Rio... If anyone have better ideas, I am open for everything and anything.
My main concerns are:
1. Is it safe to do a self-organised trip over there? I have read a couple of forums here and seems that quiet a few of you have had a trip there before and it seems to be safe... But I am just not sure.
2. How do I do accommodation? Do you know any websites I could try? Or do I go by Lonely Planet?
3. Does anyone could give me a price? Like how much would it cost with all trips and accommodation and everything? Or just ideas? I also know that we need some medicines, vaccination, visas...
4. I have millions of question but my main one is... How and where should I start?
Thanks for all your comments, I am really greatful for any help. That is my dream since I was young (not like I am old now...) and I am finally doing in... Just difficult to start
Planning a 3 months South America trip in May, 2014.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 2 Peru, help cutting costs
- 3 Peruvian Amazon
- 4 Peru Itinerary Help
- 5 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 6 driving to salvador
- 7 february/march- where to go?
- 8 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 9 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 10 Birding in Mindo
- 11 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 12 Iguazu accomodation
- 13 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 14 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 15 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 16 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 17 Driving Advice for El Calafate to Torres Del Paine in early October
- 18 Peru: a month travel in February
- 19 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 20 Trip to Machu Picchu, Amazing Place!!!
- 21 Off the beaten track
- 22 Solo female travelling around South America
- 23 Anyone familiar with PeruSmile?
- 24 Punta del Este or La Barra area?
- 25 South American Airpasses