I am planning a big trip in South America with my boyfriend. As I have never planned anything like that before, I would be greatful for some help.
I am not entirely sure where and how to start??
I live in the Uk, so I would depart from here. The budget is up to £3000/person
The itenary would be:
Quito where we planning to go to the jungle than to Lima, see Macchu Picchu, from there we would like to go to La Plaz,maybe Argentina a bit - Buenos Aires -, Iguasu Falls, Rio... If anyone have better ideas, I am open for everything and anything.
My main concerns are:
1. Is it safe to do a self-organised trip over there? I have read a couple of forums here and seems that quiet a few of you have had a trip there before and it seems to be safe... But I am just not sure.
2. How do I do accommodation? Do you know any websites I could try? Or do I go by Lonely Planet?
3. Does anyone could give me a price? Like how much would it cost with all trips and accommodation and everything? Or just ideas? I also know that we need some medicines, vaccination, visas...
4. I have millions of question but my main one is... How and where should I start?
Thanks for all your comments, I am really greatful for any help. That is my dream since I was young (not like I am old now...) and I am finally doing in... Just difficult to start
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 2 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October
- 3 Proposed Argentina trip for Feb '18 - looking for advice?
- 4 Looking for travel buddies in Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 6 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 7 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 8 Argentina vs Chile
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 11 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 12 Avianca business class
- 13 Planning Argentina Trip
- 14 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 15 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 16 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 17 Feria de las flores
- 18 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 19 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 20 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 21 comments
- 22 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 23 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 24 Huacachina, Peru
- 25 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March