I am planning a big trip in South America with my boyfriend. As I have never planned anything like that before, I would be greatful for some help.
I am not entirely sure where and how to start??
I live in the Uk, so I would depart from here. The budget is up to £3000/person
The itenary would be:
Quito where we planning to go to the jungle than to Lima, see Macchu Picchu, from there we would like to go to La Plaz,maybe Argentina a bit - Buenos Aires -, Iguasu Falls, Rio... If anyone have better ideas, I am open for everything and anything.
My main concerns are:
1. Is it safe to do a self-organised trip over there? I have read a couple of forums here and seems that quiet a few of you have had a trip there before and it seems to be safe... But I am just not sure.
2. How do I do accommodation? Do you know any websites I could try? Or do I go by Lonely Planet?
3. Does anyone could give me a price? Like how much would it cost with all trips and accommodation and everything? Or just ideas? I also know that we need some medicines, vaccination, visas...
4. I have millions of question but my main one is... How and where should I start?
Thanks for all your comments, I am really greatful for any help. That is my dream since I was young (not like I am old now...) and I am finally doing in... Just difficult to start
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio