I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greatest trip of my life so i would like to know your views on which places i should exclude or include.
I have been reading the many entries on the forums and on other sites and to be honest i have been overwhelmed by the quantity of information in deciding which are places are the best. So
Just to give you an idea I am a lover of natural beauty so anything with mountains waterfalls, jungles will impress me! I would like to take advantage of my time over in South America to see the excellent wildlife on offer. Mi itinerary below lists a lot of cool cities and natural wonders which will inspire me!
May 12th - Land in Buenos Aires
Visit Bariloche (maybe too far)
Visit Patagonia (i m thinking way to far)
Then go to Iguasu Falls (Argentina side via Uruguay or /Paraguay- is it worth stopping here?) and also check the beautiful views on the Brazilian side!
Brazil ( Planning to go in June in June when the world cup is on and I am in the process of trying to buy tickets)
Visit Menaus to stay in the Amazon (not sure if Brazilian Amazon is the best)
Somehow get all the way down to Bolivia
Visit Salt Flats
Visit La Paz
Machu Picchu ( via agua calientas, will not do the Inca trail)
Visit Tayrona National Park and the Lost City
Visit San Gil
Visit Panama city to see a friend
and fly home from here
So what do you think? Have not allocated number of days yet as i need to research the buses and train times
Thanks so much!! Any feedback will be really appreciated!
Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 2 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 3 Santiago 2 days
- 4 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 5 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 6 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 7 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 8 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 9 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 10 Lodge in Pantanal
- 11 Pantanal on your own
- 12 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 13 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 14 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 15 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 16 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 17 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 18 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 19 Cell phone in Brazil
- 20 10 Full Days in Peru
- 21 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 22 10 day itinerary questions
- 23 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 24 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 25 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?