I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greatest trip of my life so i would like to know your views on which places i should exclude or include.
I have been reading the many entries on the forums and on other sites and to be honest i have been overwhelmed by the quantity of information in deciding which are places are the best. So
Just to give you an idea I am a lover of natural beauty so anything with mountains waterfalls, jungles will impress me! I would like to take advantage of my time over in South America to see the excellent wildlife on offer. Mi itinerary below lists a lot of cool cities and natural wonders which will inspire me!
May 12th - Land in Buenos Aires
Visit Bariloche (maybe too far)
Visit Patagonia (i m thinking way to far)
Then go to Iguasu Falls (Argentina side via Uruguay or /Paraguay- is it worth stopping here?) and also check the beautiful views on the Brazilian side!
Brazil ( Planning to go in June in June when the world cup is on and I am in the process of trying to buy tickets)
Visit Menaus to stay in the Amazon (not sure if Brazilian Amazon is the best)
Somehow get all the way down to Bolivia
Visit Salt Flats
Visit La Paz
Machu Picchu ( via agua calientas, will not do the Inca trail)
Visit Tayrona National Park and the Lost City
Visit San Gil
Visit Panama city to see a friend
and fly home from here
So what do you think? Have not allocated number of days yet as i need to research the buses and train times
Thanks so much!! Any feedback will be really appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 2 galapagos island
- 3 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 4 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 christmas in buenos aires
- 7 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 8 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 9 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 10 Best Latin American countries!
- 11 Peru in Late February?
- 12 Sao Paulo
- 13 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 14 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 15 Salud !
- 16 Cartagena
- 17 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 18 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 19 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 20 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 21 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 22 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 23 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 24 Galapagos Island
- 25 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.