I am traveling to Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru in 2 weeks and one of the places I will be is Leticia, Colombia. I have seen people's pictures with sloths (locals having you hold the sloth, or sometimes a bird, for a small fee). Anyway, as I will be traveling alone and I don't have anyone with me to take the picture, is it safe to hand over your camera for a photograph? I would assume it is in this case, since these guys probably do this everyday and are reputable. And as long as it is in a well-trafficked tourist area. But it kind of is counter the whole being careful with cameras and valuables. Has anyone ever had someone run off with their camera while taking one of these photos?
Thanks for any info!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Pictures with Sloths
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Back to South America
- 3 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 4 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 5 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra