I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 3 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Salta vs. Santiago
- 6 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 7 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 8 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 9 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 10 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 11 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 12 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 13 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador