I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 3 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 4 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 5 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 6 Patagonia trip decisions
- 7 Machu Picchu First?
- 8 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 9 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar
- 10 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 11 Day trip Iguazu to Arg/Paraguay missions - recommend a tour operator?
- 12 8 Days in Peru
- 13 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 14 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 15 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 16 Peru in December
- 17 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 18 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 19 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 22 Heart of the Inca
- 23 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 24 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 25 Tupiza to Tilcara