I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need travel buddy for Buenos Aires from Sept 29 to Oct 29
- 2 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 3 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 4 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 5 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 6 Brazil
- 7 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 8 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 9 Peru Trip for the Family
- 10 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 11 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 12 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 13 1.5 days in Rio
- 14 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 15 Galapagos tours
- 16 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 17 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 18 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 19 2 weeks trip
- 20 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 21 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 22 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 23 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 24 WEBJET
- 25 Iguazu and Iguaçu
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana