I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 3 2 wks in Colombia
- 4 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 7 iguaza falls
- 8 Argentina Holiday Help
- 9 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 10 Buenos Aries
- 11 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 12 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 13 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 14 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 15 cheap flights to paraguay
- 16 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 17 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 18 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 19 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 20 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 21 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 22 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 23 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 24 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?
- 25 Low Altitude airports in Bolivia