I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 2 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 3 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 4 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 5 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 6 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 9 Chile in February and March
- 10 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 11 Rio and Iguacu
- 12 3 weeks to travel
- 13 Galapagos Island
- 14 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 15 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 16 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 17 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 18 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 19 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 20 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 21 Peru Best Tours
- 22 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 23 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
- 24 Beach areas Recife or Bahia from Rio
- 25 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana