I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 2 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 3 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 4 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 5 Safety warning?
- 6 Bariloche rafting trips
- 7 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 8 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 9 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 10 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 11 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 12 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 13 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 14 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 15 Iguazu falls logistics
- 16 Packing for Chile in November
- 17 Lima stopover
- 18 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Amazon side trip
- 20 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 21 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 22 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 23 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 24 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 25 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana