I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina (Chile?)
- 2 Travel agency in Columbia
- 3 2 weeks in Chile
- 4 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 5 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Cartagena tips
- 9 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 10 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 11 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 14 What to skip in Argentina
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 17 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 18 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 Itineraries
- 22 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 23 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 24 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 25 Please help with Peru itinerary
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana