I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Visiting Iguazu Falls From Rio
- 3 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 4 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 5 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 6 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 7 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 8 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 9 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 10 Bariloche car rental
- 11 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 12 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Machu Picchu in January
- 14 Dining in Medellin
- 15 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 16 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 19 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 20 santiago chile area
- 21 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 22 Reflections on our South America trip
- 23 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 24 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 25 Chile: first cut a travel plan
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana