I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 3 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 4 galapagos island
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 7 christmas in buenos aires
- 8 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 9 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 10 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 11 Best Latin American countries!
- 12 Peru in Late February?
- 13 Sao Paulo
- 14 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 15 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 16 Salud !
- 17 Cartagena
- 18 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 19 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 20 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 21 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 22 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 23 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 24 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 25 Galapagos Island
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana