I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 6 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 7 Quito recommendations
- 8 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 9 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 10 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 11 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 12 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 13 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 14 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 15 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 16 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 17 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 18 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 19 Ecuador-tour guides
- 20 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 21 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 22 lima airport transport
- 23 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 24 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 25 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?