I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Rio to Paraguay and Iguazu Falls advice needed
- 2 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 3 Trip Report: Bogota
- 4 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 5 Colchagua Valey
- 6 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 7 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 8 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 9 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 10 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 11 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 13 Pantanal tour prices
- 14 Safety in Rio?
- 15 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 16 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 17 Argentina Trip report
- 18 My Lima Layover
- 19 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 20 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 21 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 22 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 23 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 24 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana