I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 2 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 3 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 4 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 5 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 6 Easter Day in Rio
- 7 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 8 Patagonia tour
- 9 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 10 Patagonia tour in April
- 11 Patagonia tour
- 12 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 13 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 14 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 15 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 16 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 18 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 19 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 20 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 21 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 22 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 23 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 24 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 25 Help with Patagonia planning