I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 2 Where do I hire motorbikes in La Paz (Bolivia)
- 3 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 4 More suggested reading
- 5 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 6 Please help with itinerary!
- 7 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 8 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 9 Condor Travel- any feedback on this tour agency?
- 10 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 11 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 12 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 13 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 14 Argentina
- 15 Tucantravel company.
- 16 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 17 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 18 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 19 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 20 Ship travel to South America
- 21 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 23 Solo travellers in Chile
- 24 Living in rural South America
- 25 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana