I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador - should we go?
- 2 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 3 Santiago 2 days
- 4 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 5 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 6 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 7 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 8 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 9 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 10 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 11 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 12 Lodge in Pantanal
- 13 Pantanal on your own
- 14 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 16 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 17 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 18 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 19 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 20 Cell phone in Brazil
- 21 10 Full Days in Peru
- 22 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 23 10 day itinerary questions
- 24 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 25 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!