I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 salkantay trek
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 4 Rainbow mountain trek
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 7 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 8 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 9 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 10 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana