I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 2 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 3 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 4 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 5 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 6 Sixty days in Colombia
- 7 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 8 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 9 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 10 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 11 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 12 Choquequirao Questions
- 13 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 14 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 15 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 16 Cajamarca
- 17 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 20 Patagonia - Equipment
- 21 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 22 Chile or Argentina?
- 23 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana