I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 2 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 3 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 4 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 5 Peru in December
- 6 Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 8 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 9 Heart of the Inca
- 10 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 11 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 12 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 13 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 14 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 15 8 Days in Peru
- 16 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 17 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 18 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 19 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 20 Transportation in Ecuador
- 21 NW of Argentina
- 22 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 23 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 24 Ten days in Ecuador
- 25 amazon jungle trips