I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards.
- 2 driving to salvador
- 3 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 4 Currency Woes
- 5 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 6 Just a week!
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 9 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 10 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 11 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 12 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 13 Quito trip
- 14 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 15 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 16 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 17 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 18 1 day in Rio
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!