I just returned from a trip to the three Guianas -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana -- with short visits (due to flight itineraries) in Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
Travel within, and between, the three Guianas was much simpler than I had anticipated, and I worked with an excellent agent, based in Georgetown, Guyana, who made all my arrangements (hotels, excursion and transportation). While I do not expect that this region holds interest to many, I would be happy to answer questions from anyone looking to venture to this less-touristed part of South America.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 2 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 3 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 4 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 5 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 6 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 7 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 8 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 9 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 10 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 11 Galapagos Add Ons
- 12 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 13 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 14 Trip Report Ecuador
- 15 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 16 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 17 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 18 Day trips from Montevideo
- 19 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 20 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 21 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 22 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 23 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 24 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 25 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
Photos -- Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana