I've read many of the helpful posts here. My trip is for 8/11-8/18 and have more questions that some of you may have answers:
8/11 arrive Lima (noon) - Hilton Miraflores
8/12-8/13 explore Lima
8/14 fly to Cuzco, direct to Urubamba (hotel San Agustin), explore SV,
8/15 Machu Pichu (hotel TBD)
8/16-8/17 explore Cuzco
8/18 morning flight Cuzco to Lima then LAX
1) I was planning to stay in Urubamba and then a different hotel in Aguas Caliente. Mostly because I perceive a long day will want to rest sooner and not spend 1.5 hours back to Urubamba. Does this make sense? If I stay at Aquas Caliente, where can I find a hotel that has a room for 2adults/2 kids? Sumaq hotel pictures shows it can do it but all booking sites including their own seem to limit to 3 occupants. No reponse from inquiry to Sumaq yet.
2) Where can I buy a sim card for my phone that will have data service so I can use the internet when wifi not available?
3) from Lima airport to Hilton, will the taxis hold 4 passengers including luggage or should I plan private xfers?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 3 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 4 galapagos island
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 7 christmas in buenos aires
- 8 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 9 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 10 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 11 Best Latin American countries!
- 12 Peru in Late February?
- 13 Sao Paulo
- 14 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 15 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 16 Salud !
- 17 Cartagena
- 18 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 19 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 20 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 21 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 22 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 23 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 24 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 25 Galapagos Island