I've read many of the helpful posts here. My trip is for 8/11-8/18 and have more questions that some of you may have answers:
8/11 arrive Lima (noon) - Hilton Miraflores
8/12-8/13 explore Lima
8/14 fly to Cuzco, direct to Urubamba (hotel San Agustin), explore SV,
8/15 Machu Pichu (hotel TBD)
8/16-8/17 explore Cuzco
8/18 morning flight Cuzco to Lima then LAX
1) I was planning to stay in Urubamba and then a different hotel in Aguas Caliente. Mostly because I perceive a long day will want to rest sooner and not spend 1.5 hours back to Urubamba. Does this make sense? If I stay at Aquas Caliente, where can I find a hotel that has a room for 2adults/2 kids? Sumaq hotel pictures shows it can do it but all booking sites including their own seem to limit to 3 occupants. No reponse from inquiry to Sumaq yet.
2) Where can I buy a sim card for my phone that will have data service so I can use the internet when wifi not available?
3) from Lima airport to Hilton, will the taxis hold 4 passengers including luggage or should I plan private xfers?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 2 Santiago, Chile
- 3 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 4 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 5 limited time in Cusco
- 6 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 7 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 10 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 11 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 12 Back "home" in Barranco
- 13 Day trips from Montevideo
- 14 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 15 2 weeks in Colombia
- 16 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 17 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 18 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 19 Layover in Lima
- 20 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico
- 21 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 22 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 23 Laguna San Rafael - how long and which tour
- 24 Chile with kids - help with itinerary, please!
- 25 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days