I've read many of the helpful posts here. My trip is for 8/11-8/18 and have more questions that some of you may have answers:
8/11 arrive Lima (noon) - Hilton Miraflores
8/12-8/13 explore Lima
8/14 fly to Cuzco, direct to Urubamba (hotel San Agustin), explore SV,
8/15 Machu Pichu (hotel TBD)
8/16-8/17 explore Cuzco
8/18 morning flight Cuzco to Lima then LAX
1) I was planning to stay in Urubamba and then a different hotel in Aguas Caliente. Mostly because I perceive a long day will want to rest sooner and not spend 1.5 hours back to Urubamba. Does this make sense? If I stay at Aquas Caliente, where can I find a hotel that has a room for 2adults/2 kids? Sumaq hotel pictures shows it can do it but all booking sites including their own seem to limit to 3 occupants. No reponse from inquiry to Sumaq yet.
2) Where can I buy a sim card for my phone that will have data service so I can use the internet when wifi not available?
3) from Lima airport to Hilton, will the taxis hold 4 passengers including luggage or should I plan private xfers?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1.5 days in Rio
- 2 Peru Trip for the Family
- 3 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 6 2 weeks trip
- 7 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 8 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 9 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 10 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 11 WEBJET
- 12 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 13 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 14 Itineraries
- 15 Pantanal Lodges
- 16 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 17 3 weeks in South America
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 20 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 21 Chile wine tour
- 22 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 23 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 24 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 25 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?