I've read many of the helpful posts here. My trip is for 8/11-8/18 and have more questions that some of you may have answers:
8/11 arrive Lima (noon) - Hilton Miraflores
8/12-8/13 explore Lima
8/14 fly to Cuzco, direct to Urubamba (hotel San Agustin), explore SV,
8/15 Machu Pichu (hotel TBD)
8/16-8/17 explore Cuzco
8/18 morning flight Cuzco to Lima then LAX
1) I was planning to stay in Urubamba and then a different hotel in Aguas Caliente. Mostly because I perceive a long day will want to rest sooner and not spend 1.5 hours back to Urubamba. Does this make sense? If I stay at Aquas Caliente, where can I find a hotel that has a room for 2adults/2 kids? Sumaq hotel pictures shows it can do it but all booking sites including their own seem to limit to 3 occupants. No reponse from inquiry to Sumaq yet.
2) Where can I buy a sim card for my phone that will have data service so I can use the internet when wifi not available?
3) from Lima airport to Hilton, will the taxis hold 4 passengers including luggage or should I plan private xfers?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche car rental
- 2 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 3 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Machu Picchu in January
- 7 Dining in Medellin
- 8 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 9 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 10 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 11 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 12 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 13 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 14 santiago chile area
- 15 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 16 Reflections on our South America trip
- 17 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 18 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 19 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 20 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 21 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 22 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 23 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 One week in Cartagena?