I've read many of the helpful posts here. My trip is for 8/11-8/18 and have more questions that some of you may have answers:
8/11 arrive Lima (noon) - Hilton Miraflores
8/12-8/13 explore Lima
8/14 fly to Cuzco, direct to Urubamba (hotel San Agustin), explore SV,
8/15 Machu Pichu (hotel TBD)
8/16-8/17 explore Cuzco
8/18 morning flight Cuzco to Lima then LAX
1) I was planning to stay in Urubamba and then a different hotel in Aguas Caliente. Mostly because I perceive a long day will want to rest sooner and not spend 1.5 hours back to Urubamba. Does this make sense? If I stay at Aquas Caliente, where can I find a hotel that has a room for 2adults/2 kids? Sumaq hotel pictures shows it can do it but all booking sites including their own seem to limit to 3 occupants. No reponse from inquiry to Sumaq yet.
2) Where can I buy a sim card for my phone that will have data service so I can use the internet when wifi not available?
3) from Lima airport to Hilton, will the taxis hold 4 passengers including luggage or should I plan private xfers?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 3 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 4 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 5 Bariloche rafting trips
- 6 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 7 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 8 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 9 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 10 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 11 Safety warning?
- 12 Iguazu falls logistics
- 13 Packing for Chile in November
- 14 Lima stopover
- 15 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 16 Amazon side trip
- 17 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 18 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 19 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 20 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 21 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 22 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 23 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 24 Santiago - where to stay?
- 25 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego