I've read many of the helpful posts here. My trip is for 8/11-8/18 and have more questions that some of you may have answers:
8/11 arrive Lima (noon) - Hilton Miraflores
8/12-8/13 explore Lima
8/14 fly to Cuzco, direct to Urubamba (hotel San Agustin), explore SV,
8/15 Machu Pichu (hotel TBD)
8/16-8/17 explore Cuzco
8/18 morning flight Cuzco to Lima then LAX
1) I was planning to stay in Urubamba and then a different hotel in Aguas Caliente. Mostly because I perceive a long day will want to rest sooner and not spend 1.5 hours back to Urubamba. Does this make sense? If I stay at Aquas Caliente, where can I find a hotel that has a room for 2adults/2 kids? Sumaq hotel pictures shows it can do it but all booking sites including their own seem to limit to 3 occupants. No reponse from inquiry to Sumaq yet.
2) Where can I buy a sim card for my phone that will have data service so I can use the internet when wifi not available?
3) from Lima airport to Hilton, will the taxis hold 4 passengers including luggage or should I plan private xfers?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 2 MARCHU PICCHU
- 3 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 4 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 5 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 6 One week in Cartagena?
- 7 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 8 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 9 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 10 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 11 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 12 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 13 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 14 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 15 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 16 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 17 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 18 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 19 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 20 Rainbow mountain trek
- 21 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year
- 22 salkantay trek
- 23 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 24 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 25 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip