I'm going to try to post this again hoping I'll get a few more people weighing in with their expertise & recommendations.
My fiance and I are getting married in September.. and are planning on taking our honeymoon to Peru & Argentina in November.
First off I've read November is a good time to go. Not too wet.. And not too cold. Has anyone travel to those areas then and would agree?
Next please let me know what you think time-wise about the amount of nights we've allotted for each place... as well as any hotel/restaurant tips.
Also I've heard Machu Picchu only allows a certain amount of people through a day. Should we book tickets ahead of time to go? and how can we do that? I found one website but it was all in Spanish so I had no idea what was going on
Here's the planned itinerary
Leave Canada Nov. 20th - head straight to Cusco
21st/22nd Cusco (2 nights)
23rd Aguas Calientes (1night)
24th (Saturday) - tour Machu Picchu for the day then head to ...
24TH/25TH Ollantaytambo (2 nights)
27TH depart for Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Dec 1st/2nd Mendoza
Dec 3rd fly home!
Please let me know your thoughts on our itinerary... we like to sightsee.. eat, drink an enjoy the local atmosphere.. We're in good shape.. In our late 30s.
Do we need one more night in Mendoza?
What great day trips from Buenos Aries might you recommend?
Thanks in advance for all recommendations
Peru/Argentina - PLEASE HELP PLAN BEST HONEYMOON EVER!
- 1 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 2 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 3 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 4 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 5 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 6 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 7 Back to South America
- 8 Vaya Adventures
- 9 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 10 travel to iguazu?
- 11 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 12 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 13 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 14 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 15 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 16 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 17 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 18 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 19 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 20 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 21 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 22 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 23 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 24 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 25 Flights on LAN