I'm working on arranging a trip to Peru for my wife's birthday. One of her bucket list items is to see the Macaws in Tambopata, so that's the main focus. It's going to be us and our 6yo daughter.
I'm working through Tambopata Research Center to arrange a stay at Refugio Amazonas for 3 nights and 4 days. Afterwards my wife is interested in visiting Machu Picchu. Has anyone done this transition? Is there any way to get there from Puerto Maldonado directly, or will we need to go back to Cuzco first? We'd only be staying for ~2 nights or so. I've read that one can take a bus to the ruins as well vs walking, which sounds like it'd be better for us since none of us are particularly athletic.
Also, we're an interracial lesbian couple. We're of course aware that PDA is not wise in general if we're uncertain of our situation, but if we keep our interactions platonic should we be fine?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 2 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 3 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 4 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 5 Brazil
- 6 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 7 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 8 Peru Trip for the Family
- 9 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 10 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 11 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 12 1.5 days in Rio
- 13 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 14 Galapagos tours
- 15 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 16 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 17 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 18 2 weeks trip
- 19 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 20 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 21 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 22 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 23 WEBJET
- 24 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 25 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?