I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South America this October
- 2 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 3 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 4 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 5 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 6 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 7 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 8 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 9 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 10 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 11 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 12 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 13 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 14 Santiago, Chile
- 15 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 16 limited time in Cusco
- 17 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 18 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 19 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 20 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 21 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 22 Back "home" in Barranco
- 23 Day trips from Montevideo
- 24 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 25 2 weeks in Colombia