I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche car rental
- 2 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 3 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Machu Picchu in January
- 7 Dining in Medellin
- 8 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 9 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 10 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 11 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 12 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 13 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 14 santiago chile area
- 15 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 16 Reflections on our South America trip
- 17 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 18 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 19 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 20 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 21 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 22 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 23 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 One week in Cartagena?