I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in December
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 4 Tarapoto
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 7 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 8 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 9 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 10 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 11 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 12 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 13 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 14 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 15 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 16 Campinas and Natal help
- 17 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 18 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 19 Uruguay for wildlife
- 20 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 21 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 22 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 23 Ecuador safe travel
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 South America this October