I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://fornatgaex.com/andro-no2/
- 2 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 3 MARCHU PICCHU
- 4 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 5 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 6 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 7 One week in Cartagena?
- 8 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 9 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 10 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 11 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 14 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 15 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 16 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 17 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 18 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 19 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 20 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 21 Rainbow mountain trek
- 22 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year
- 23 salkantay trek
- 24 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 25 Restaurant Iguazu Falls