I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Peru on a shoestring.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 2 1st South American adventure
- 3 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 4 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 5 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 6 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 7 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 8 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 9 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 10 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 11 For Neoptropical Birders
- 12 Columbia Questions
- 13 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 14 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 17 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 18 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 19 flights and hotels
- 20 Driver, Mendoza
- 21 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 22 amazon jungle trips
- 23 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 24 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 25 Advice, recommendations and guidance