I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 2 Safety warning?
- 3 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 4 Packing for Chile in November
- 5 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 6 Amazon side trip
- 7 Lima stopover
- 8 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 9 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 10 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 11 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 12 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 13 Santiago - where to stay?
- 14 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 15 Tour guide/ agency
- 16 Patagonia Planning
- 17 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 18 March trip to Brazil
- 19 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 20 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 21 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 22 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 23 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 24 Safety?
- 25 Peru travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery