I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Peru on a shoestring.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco