I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 christmas in buenos aires
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 5 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 6 Best Latin American countries!
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia