I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 for completing my intent from it then again
- 2 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 3 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 4 Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please
- 5 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 6 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 7 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 8 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 9 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 10 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 11 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 12 Galapagos Add Ons
- 13 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 14 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 15 Trip Report Ecuador
- 16 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 17 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 18 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 19 Day trips from Montevideo
- 20 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 21 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 22 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 23 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 24 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 25 Ecuador, Places to shop