I am going to be in Peru for 5 weeks at the very beginning of June 2014. I have plans on trekking the Santa Cruz trail near Huaraz and am wondering if I should wait till I get to Huaraz, acclimatize, then walk around and find a good company or buy the package before hand? I was also wondering how much it would roughly cost me if I were to wait? I heard you can get some pretty sweet deals that way. I will also be doing some sort of amazon trip, either in Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado. I am looking at the cheapest possible way to do this, I have looked at Eco Amazonia and they offer trips at a decent price. Has anyone been with this company or can recommend me something else? Lastly, I plan on traveling to Lake Titicaca and visiting the Uru people. Is it worth my time and money to go down there? I heard its a giant tourist trap...
Hope anyone of you can help!
Peru on a shoestring.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 4 Trip Report - Very Long
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 Quito recommendations
- 7 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 8 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 9 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency