Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 2 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 3 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 4 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 5 Argentina vs Chile
- 6 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 7 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 Avianca business class
- 10 Planning Argentina Trip
- 11 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 12 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 13 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 14 Feria de las flores
- 15 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 16 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 17 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 18 comments
- 19 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 20 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 21 Huacachina, Peru
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 24 Pantanal Lodges
- 25 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?