Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Peru Itinerary - Help on Cusco Vs Sacred valley
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 2 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 3 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 4 Chile - IVA Tax
- 5 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 6 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 Trip Report
- 9 Argentina Holiday Help
- 10 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 11 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 12 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 13 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 14 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 15 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 16 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 17 1st South American adventure
- 18 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 19 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 20 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 21 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 22 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 23 For Neoptropical Birders
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator