Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Lima Layover
- 2 Has anyone taken the 3:30am Cruz del Sur bus out of Lima?
- 3 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 4 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 5 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 6 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 7 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 8 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 9 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 10 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 11 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 12 help with a trip to south america
- 13 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 14 Mistura - anyone been?
- 15 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 16 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 18 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 19 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 20 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 21 Trip to the Amazon!
- 22 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 23 Peruvian Independence Day
- 24 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 25 Globo hours to change money