Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Peru Itinerary - Help on Cusco Vs Sacred valley
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 3 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 4 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 5 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 6 Patagonia trip decisions
- 7 Machu Picchu First?
- 8 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 9 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar
- 10 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 11 Day trip Iguazu to Arg/Paraguay missions - recommend a tour operator?
- 12 8 Days in Peru
- 13 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 14 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 15 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 16 Peru in December
- 17 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 18 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 19 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 20 Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 22 Heart of the Inca
- 23 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 24 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 25 Tupiza to Tilcara