Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 2 Packing for Chile in November
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST