Myself and wife are taking a trip to Peru in about 10 days and would like some help deciding the itinerary, specifically allocating time between Cusco and Sacred valley.
This is my tentative plan.
Nov 6th - Reach Lima around 11 pm. Overnight in Lima
7 - Morning flight from Lima to Cusco
Take taxi to Sacred valley. Roam around SV. Overnight in SV
8 - Take taxi to Cusco in the morning. Roam cusco. Collect Inca trail tickets at 5 pm. Overnight in Cusco
9 - Roam Cusco. Overnight in Cusco
10 - Begin Inca trail Hike early morning
11- Inca Trail
12- Inca Trail
13- Machu Pichu. Return to Cusco around 11 pm. Stay overnight in Cusco
14 - Early morning Take tourist bus to Puno. Reach Puno at 5 pm. Overnight in Puno
15 - Roam Lake Titicaca
16 - Roam Lake Titicaca
17- Roam Lake Titicaca
Evening flight to Lima. Fly out of Lima to home
Currently, we have one day /one night in Sacred valley and 2 days/2 nights in Cusco. I want to hear opinions on if that is a good idea. Or, would it better to spend 2 days in Sacred valley and 1 day in Cusco?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 2 Cajamarca
- 3 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 4 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 5 Patagonia - Equipment
- 6 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 7 Chile or Argentina?
- 8 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 9 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 10 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 11 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 12 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 13 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 14 Flights to Northern Peru
- 15 Santiago neighborhood
- 16 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 17 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 18 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 19 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 20 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 21 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 22 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 23 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 24 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 25 Iguazu falls logistics