I am looking for some tips on my Peru itinerary. I'll be there in December for my Honeymoon and we'd like a little relaxation and adventure. This is why we have started our trip in Mancora - I know this probably seems crazy but we wanted to incorporate some beach time! I'd like to know if the time allotted for each location makes sense and if there is anything I should cut or add. I've heard mixed things about Puno and would like to be somewhere nice for Christmas. What about La Paz is it worth going there for the distance? Seems pretty close - but is it too ambitious to go to Cusco from there? Would we need to fly? Any advice is appreciated!
Dec 12 (overnight)
Toronto - Lima
Fly Lima to Mancora
Dec 13-17 Mancora (4 nights)
Fly Mancora to Lima
Bus Lima to Ica (or thereabouts)
Dec 17-20 Isle Ballestas + Huacachina (3 nights)
Bus to Arequipa
Dec 20-Dec 23 Arequipa/Canyon country (3 nights)
Bus to Puno
Dec 23-Dec 26 Puno & Lake Titicaca (3 nights)
Bus to Cusco
Dec 26-30 Cusco/Machu Picchu (4 nights)
Fly to Lima (1 night)
Jan 1 - HOME!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 2 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 3 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 6 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 7 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 8 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 9 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 10 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 11 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 12 Iquitos
- 13 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 14 Rainbow mountain trek
- 15 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 16 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 21 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 25 Bariloche car rental