I am looking for some tips on my Peru itinerary. I'll be there in December for my Honeymoon and we'd like a little relaxation and adventure. This is why we have started our trip in Mancora - I know this probably seems crazy but we wanted to incorporate some beach time! I'd like to know if the time allotted for each location makes sense and if there is anything I should cut or add. I've heard mixed things about Puno and would like to be somewhere nice for Christmas. What about La Paz is it worth going there for the distance? Seems pretty close - but is it too ambitious to go to Cusco from there? Would we need to fly? Any advice is appreciated!
Dec 12 (overnight)
Toronto - Lima
Fly Lima to Mancora
Dec 13-17 Mancora (4 nights)
Fly Mancora to Lima
Bus Lima to Ica (or thereabouts)
Dec 17-20 Isle Ballestas + Huacachina (3 nights)
Bus to Arequipa
Dec 20-Dec 23 Arequipa/Canyon country (3 nights)
Bus to Puno
Dec 23-Dec 26 Puno & Lake Titicaca (3 nights)
Bus to Cusco
Dec 26-30 Cusco/Machu Picchu (4 nights)
Fly to Lima (1 night)
Jan 1 - HOME!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile or Argentina?
- 2 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 3 11 hours in Lima
- 4 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 7 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 8 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 9 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 10 South America this October
- 11 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 12 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 13 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 14 Peru in December
- 15 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 16 Tarapoto
- 17 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 18 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 19 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 20 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 21 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 22 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 23 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 24 Campinas and Natal help
- 25 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather