I am looking for some tips on my Peru itinerary. I'll be there in December for my Honeymoon and we'd like a little relaxation and adventure. This is why we have started our trip in Mancora - I know this probably seems crazy but we wanted to incorporate some beach time! I'd like to know if the time allotted for each location makes sense and if there is anything I should cut or add. I've heard mixed things about Puno and would like to be somewhere nice for Christmas. What about La Paz is it worth going there for the distance? Seems pretty close - but is it too ambitious to go to Cusco from there? Would we need to fly? Any advice is appreciated!
Dec 12 (overnight)
Toronto - Lima
Fly Lima to Mancora
Dec 13-17 Mancora (4 nights)
Fly Mancora to Lima
Bus Lima to Ica (or thereabouts)
Dec 17-20 Isle Ballestas + Huacachina (3 nights)
Bus to Arequipa
Dec 20-Dec 23 Arequipa/Canyon country (3 nights)
Bus to Puno
Dec 23-Dec 26 Puno & Lake Titicaca (3 nights)
Bus to Cusco
Dec 26-30 Cusco/Machu Picchu (4 nights)
Fly to Lima (1 night)
Jan 1 - HOME!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quito: Old city or new?
- 2 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 3 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 6 Bogota
- 7 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 8 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 9 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 10 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 11 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 12 4 weeks in Chile
- 13 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 14 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 15 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 16 Para Ti, Brazil
- 17 Advice needed for Colombia
- 18 Chile and Argentina
- 19 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 20 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 21 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 22 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 23 El valle de Elquí
- 24 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 25 Columbia Questions