I am looking for some tips on my Peru itinerary. I'll be there in December for my Honeymoon and we'd like a little relaxation and adventure. This is why we have started our trip in Mancora - I know this probably seems crazy but we wanted to incorporate some beach time! I'd like to know if the time allotted for each location makes sense and if there is anything I should cut or add. I've heard mixed things about Puno and would like to be somewhere nice for Christmas. What about La Paz is it worth going there for the distance? Seems pretty close - but is it too ambitious to go to Cusco from there? Would we need to fly? Any advice is appreciated!
Dec 12 (overnight)
Toronto - Lima
Fly Lima to Mancora
Dec 13-17 Mancora (4 nights)
Fly Mancora to Lima
Bus Lima to Ica (or thereabouts)
Dec 17-20 Isle Ballestas + Huacachina (3 nights)
Bus to Arequipa
Dec 20-Dec 23 Arequipa/Canyon country (3 nights)
Bus to Puno
Dec 23-Dec 26 Puno & Lake Titicaca (3 nights)
Bus to Cusco
Dec 26-30 Cusco/Machu Picchu (4 nights)
Fly to Lima (1 night)
Jan 1 - HOME!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY TECHNICAL SUPPORT CARE
- 2 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 3 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 4 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 5 Avianca business class
- 6 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 7 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 8 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 11 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 12 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 13 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 14 How many days in Medellin area?
- 15 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 16 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 17 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 18 Peru Trip for the Family
- 19 Pisco sours
- 20 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 21 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 22 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course
- 23 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 24 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 25 Lodging by Medellin Airport