I am looking for some tips on my Peru itinerary. I'll be there in December for my Honeymoon and we'd like a little relaxation and adventure. This is why we have started our trip in Mancora - I know this probably seems crazy but we wanted to incorporate some beach time! I'd like to know if the time allotted for each location makes sense and if there is anything I should cut or add. I've heard mixed things about Puno and would like to be somewhere nice for Christmas. What about La Paz is it worth going there for the distance? Seems pretty close - but is it too ambitious to go to Cusco from there? Would we need to fly? Any advice is appreciated!
Dec 12 (overnight)
Toronto - Lima
Fly Lima to Mancora
Dec 13-17 Mancora (4 nights)
Fly Mancora to Lima
Bus Lima to Ica (or thereabouts)
Dec 17-20 Isle Ballestas + Huacachina (3 nights)
Bus to Arequipa
Dec 20-Dec 23 Arequipa/Canyon country (3 nights)
Bus to Puno
Dec 23-Dec 26 Puno & Lake Titicaca (3 nights)
Bus to Cusco
Dec 26-30 Cusco/Machu Picchu (4 nights)
Fly to Lima (1 night)
Jan 1 - HOME!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Rio to Paraguay and Iguazu Falls advice needed
- 2 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 3 Trip Report: Bogota
- 4 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 5 Colchagua Valey
- 6 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 7 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 8 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 9 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 10 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 11 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 13 Pantanal tour prices
- 14 Safety in Rio?
- 15 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 16 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 17 Argentina Trip report
- 18 My Lima Layover
- 19 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 20 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 21 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 22 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 23 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 24 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands