Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.xaddition.net/joint-advance
- 2 1.5 days in Rio
- 3 Peru Trip for the Family
- 4 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 5 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 6 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 7 2 weeks trip
- 8 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 9 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 10 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 11 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 12 WEBJET
- 13 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 14 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 15 Itineraries
- 16 Pantanal Lodges
- 17 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 18 3 weeks in South America
- 19 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 20 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 21 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 22 Chile wine tour
- 23 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 24 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 25 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)