Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 3 Quito: Old city or new?
- 4 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Bogota
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation