Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 2 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 5 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 6 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 7 Bariloche car rental
- 8 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 9 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 Machu Picchu in January
- 11 Dining in Medellin
- 12 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 13 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 14 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 17 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 18 santiago chile area
- 19 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 20 Reflections on our South America trip
- 21 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 22 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 23 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 24 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 25 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)