Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)