Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)
- 1 Trip report for Bariloche
- 2 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 3 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 4 Crellston and Others
- 5 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 6 Reflections on our South America trip
- 7 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 8 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 9 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 10 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 11 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 12 8 Days in Brazil
- 13 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 14 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 15 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 16 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 19 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 20 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 21 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 22 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 23 Peru Hop?
- 24 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 25 Uruguay Re-Do