Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 2 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 3 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 4 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 5 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 6 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 7 Ship travel to South America
- 8 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 9 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 10 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 11 Solo travellers in Chile
- 12 Living in rural South America
- 13 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 14 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 15 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 16 galapagos island
- 17 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 20 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
- 21 Colombia - Cycle holiday for 1 month
- 22 Mendoza in September or where else should we go?
- 23 One Day in Lima
- 24 Seaweed Ambergis Caye
- 25 Medellin places to stay
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)