Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 2 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 3 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 4 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 5 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 6 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 9 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 8 days in Ecudor
- 11 Northeast Brazil
- 12 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 13 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 14 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 18 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 19 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 20 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 21 Lima - driver for hire
- 22 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 23 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 24 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 25 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)