Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 2 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 3 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 4 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 5 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 6 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 7 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 8 Chile in February and March
- 9 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 10 Rio and Iguacu
- 11 3 weeks to travel
- 12 Galapagos Island
- 13 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 16 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 17 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 18 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 19 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 20 Peru Best Tours
- 21 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 22 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
- 23 Beach areas Recife or Bahia from Rio
- 24 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)