Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Flying Solo to South America
- 2 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 3 Please guys, help me leave...
- 4 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 5 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 6 South American destinations for introverts?
- 7 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 8 Where to start in May?
- 9 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 10 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 11 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 12 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 13 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 14 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 15 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 16 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 17 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 18 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 19 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 20 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 21 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 22 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 23 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 24 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 25 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)